Re: Win10 reading password and pin

Pascal,

         Just for clarity, Windows 10 announces nothing, the screen reader does.

         I presume you're using NVDA and under its General Settings you have the Automatically start NVDA after I log on to Windows and Use NVDA on the Windows logon screen (requires administrator privileges) checkboxes checked.   I do not know of a way to make the Windows 10 logon screen show password or PIN by default, but I would imagine if the "show" state is activated then the screen reader would read the characters you're typing rather than the standard "star" being repeated for each character as it's typed.   There is a button at the end of the password and PIN field that toggles visibility.   Check to see if yours is set to show (or visible) rather than hide (or invisible).

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did?  Don't do that."

           ~ Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

Join {chat@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.