Re: Nvda accessible converter WMA to MP3

coccinelle@...

Brian,

If I understand you clearly, you are saying that my message should have gone to the NVDA main group.  Well, since I was asking about a WMA to MP3 converter that is accessible, I hesitated to that and that why I sent my message to the chat group.  I am sure someone else would have unkindly criticized me if I did what you are suggesting just because I was asking about a converter.  I am almost hesitant to ask question on this group as there some unkind gents on the main group.  I try to avoid giving opportunities to people to disturb my peace.  I’ll just resort to Google from now on.  I am not trying to be unkind toward you as you have proved yourself to be a kind and helpful gentleman.

Blessings

Pascal

From: chat@nvda.groups.io <chat@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2019 8:17 PM
To: chat@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [chat] Nvda accessible converter WMA to MP3

Pascal,

Again, I want to encourage you to ask questions about programs that are accessible with NVDA for a specific purpose on the main group, as that's entirely appropriate.   If someone gives one that you want to get into how to use the program, where NVDA itself is incidental, then that sort of discussion should occur here on the Chat Subgroup.

It's perfectly acceptable to ask questions of the form, "Do you know of software for {insert purpose here} that's accessible with NVDA?   There are just so many programs that are not screen reader friendly, and asking for input on which ones are with a given screen reader is specific to that screen reader and that program.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1903, Build 18362

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did?  Don't do that."

~ Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

Join chat@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.