From: chat@nvda.groups.io [mailto:chat@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: 19 December 2021 21:50
To: chat@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [chat] Original reason Windows can be used from the keyboard

On Sun, Dec 19, 2021 at 03:37 PM, Gene wrote:
It’s a bit disconcerting to realize how the level of access we have might not have occurred.
-
I can imagine.

If GUIs had been what "started the PC" world they almost certainly would not have occurred.  I actually find it kind of perversely amusing that the primary tool of modern accessibility dates from a period where even the concept of accessibility never even entered anyone's mind.  Times change, and there are definitely happy accidents, of which this is the perfect example.

Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.

        ~ Mark Twain