Unable to Read Accented Characters with NVDA

Suhas D

Hey all! I didn't know if I should post this in the main group or not, so I'm posting it here.

I've recently noticed that      NVDA doesn't read accented characters like this one "é".

I reset the config to factory defaults, but without any luck.

Then I changed the synth to SAPI5 and, NVDA started reading out the accented characters.

Is it just me or doesn't Windows One core voices support reading accented characters?

If not, is there a way to make it read accented characters?

Also, is there a way to measure the rate of speech that NVDA speaks? I'm not talking about the percentage.

Thank you

---
Suhas
Sent from Thunderbird

“To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.”
Elbert Hubbard