Re: Books/Tutorials aimed at someone new to Windows & the PC who also has significant visual impairment or is blind

Quentin Christensen

If he's using NVDA, the Basic Training for NVDA module assumes no prior knowledge.  It covers Windows features and getting around Windows, although not necessarily EVERY Windows feature.

On Fri, Feb 25, 2022 at 2:34 PM Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:
My latest client is "new territory" for me not in that he is legally blind, but that he has virtually zero previous experience with PCs of any sort.  He does use a smartphone, can do a web search on it  (dictating the query by voice), and use it proficiently, but that's just not the same ecosystem.

I am presuming that a number of folks on here may have worked with someone who is a "late bloomer" computer-wise and coming into it with significant visual impairment from the very outset.  I am trying to find material along the lines of the "for Dummies" series of books, which really isn't for dummies but for the completely unfamiliar, that may also have a focus on using assistive technology in the mix.

If anyone has suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.

        ~ Mark Twain

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager