Re: problem with nvda

Quentin Christensen

Brian,

You are likely right, although arguably most of the same work needs to be done regardless of where the issue lies - ie for someone to usefully report it to Abbyy (if the issue lies with them), they would need to collect much of the same information we need.

My other thought was, even if we determine that the issue lies with Abbyy five minutes after it's opened, our issue tracker is one of the first places a lot of people look to see if an issue is known - so if someone else faces this issue in a month or so when we've forgotten about it, that record will still be there to find.

But yes, working out what is being created (and from what original material) is a starting point.

On Wed, Mar 9, 2022 at 12:26 PM Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:
On Tue, Mar 8, 2022 at 08:08 PM, Quentin Christensen wrote:
The other thing which would be worth doing, is creating an issue on our tracker at: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues
-
Far be it from me to pooh-pooh this idea, but I'm seriously asking if it isn't premature?  Don't we need to determine whether this is, indeed, and artifact of how the PDF was created first?

My comment "if it is indeed an NVDA issue," stems from the need to do a few more diagnostic steps to make that determination.  It's more work for all involved, including the reporter, to open an issue if the issue does not lie with NVDA.

Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.

        ~ Mark Twain

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager