Re: Reply links don't work properly in Groups.io messages when using an e-mail program

Gene

I remember that And I keep it in mind.  Its very minor but its probably an example.  I'll try the current portable version to see if what happens is different but I don't think it will be.

I got curious about this because I was going to tell a person on another list about the reply to sender links in Groups.io messages but I didn't know why they didn't work when I tried them.  I now know that I can tell people to use them if an occasion comes up.

Gene

On 6/9/2022 7:19 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:

Gene,

It could be the version, perhaps there was a bug that's been fixed.

It could be that the installed version uses certain dynamic link libraries (dlls) that are part of Windows that the portable version doesn't have access to.

I really can't say precisely what it is.  But this is an instance of something I've said, and not just about Thunderbird:  there are times when the portable version of a program will behave differently than an installed version of the same program.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H2, Build 19044

The psychology of adultery has been falsified by conventional morals, which assume, in monogamous countries, that attraction to one person cannot co-exist with a serious affection for another.  Everybody knows that this is untrue. . .

~Bertrand Russell

Join chat@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.