Re: Reply links don't work properly in Groups.io messages when using an e-mail program

Gene

I remember that And I keep it in mind.  Its very minor but its probably an example.  I'll try the current portable version to see if what happens is different but I don't think it will be.

I got curious about this because I was going to tell a person on another list about the reply to sender links in Groups.io messages but I didn't know why they didn't work when I tried them.  I now know that I can tell people to use them if an occasion comes up.

Gene

On 6/9/2022 7:19 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:

Gene,

It could be the version, perhaps there was a bug that's been fixed.

It could be that the installed version uses certain dynamic link libraries (dlls) that are part of Windows that the portable version doesn't have access to.

I really can't say precisely what it is.  But this is an instance of something I've said, and not just about Thunderbird:  there are times when the portable version of a program will behave differently than an installed version of the same program.

The psychology of adultery has been falsified by conventional morals, which assume, in monogamous countries, that attraction to one person cannot co-exist with a serious affection for another.  Everybody knows that this is untrue. . .

    ~Bertrand Russell