pdf issue in thunderbird

Mary Otten

I use thunderbird as my email client. I have acrobat dc set as my default for opening pdf files. When I get an email with a pdf attachment, and i open the attachment, it insists on opening in thunderbird's method of reading pdf files, which does not include any sort of markup, such as for tables. So you can't use NVDA table reading to make sense of what is clearly a table. What I want is for the file to open in acrobat reader when I click on it in T-bird, and since I have that set as my default, it seems to me this should happen, but it does not. Any help out there?

Mary