Re: pdf issue in thunderbird

Gene

A google search has this as a web snippet under people also ask:
How do I change my default PDF viewer in Thunderbird?
You can set the default viewer for pdf attachments in Thunderbird in the preferences under "Attachments → Incoming".

If you need help getting to the right polace to make the change ask and I or someone will write instructions.

Gene

On 6/9/2022 10:12 PM, Mary Otten wrote:

I use thunderbird as my email client. I have acrobat dc set as my default for opening pdf files. When I get an email with a pdf attachment, and i open the attachment, it insists on opening in thunderbird's method of reading pdf files, which does not include any sort of markup, such as for tables. So you can't use NVDA table reading to make sense of what is clearly a table. What I want is for the file to open in acrobat reader when I click on it in T-bird, and since I have that set as my default, it seems to me this should happen, but it does not. Any help out there?

Mary