Date   

Re: Image

You still need to let me (or any assistant) know what program is giving the problem.  If this is occurring when you attempt to open any photo from a File Explorer window, you need to check what your default app is for photo viewing.  That could be the problem.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1903, Build 18362

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did?  Don't do that."

~ Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

farhan israk

I'm using Windows 10 1809. I opened image from this pc. Don't know about webpage.

On Thu, 24 Oct 2019, 7:46 pm Brian Vogel, <britechguy@...> wrote:
It would help to have the make, model, operating system and additional specs on the machine.

Also, is this in a specific program?  Are images in things like webpages also showing up as black?
--

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did?  Don't do that."

It would help to have the make, model, operating system and additional specs on the machine.

Also, is this in a specific program?  Are images in things like webpages also showing up as black?
--

farhan israk

If I open any image in my computer, computer shows black screen instead of showing that image. How to fix it?

Re: Nvda accessible converter WMA to MP3

coccinelle@...

Brian,

If I understand you clearly, you are saying that my message should have gone to the NVDA main group.  Well, since I was asking about a WMA to MP3 converter that is accessible, I hesitated to that and that why I sent my message to the chat group.  I am sure someone else would have unkindly criticized me if I did what you are suggesting just because I was asking about a converter.  I am almost hesitant to ask question on this group as there some unkind gents on the main group.  I try to avoid giving opportunities to people to disturb my peace.  I’ll just resort to Google from now on.  I am not trying to be unkind toward you as you have proved yourself to be a kind and helpful gentleman.

Blessings

Pascal

From: chat@nvda.groups.io <chat@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2019 8:17 PM
To: chat@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [chat] Nvda accessible converter WMA to MP3

Pascal,

Again, I want to encourage you to ask questions about programs that are accessible with NVDA for a specific purpose on the main group, as that's entirely appropriate.   If someone gives one that you want to get into how to use the program, where NVDA itself is incidental, then that sort of discussion should occur here on the Chat Subgroup.

It's perfectly acceptable to ask questions of the form, "Do you know of software for {insert purpose here} that's accessible with NVDA?   There are just so many programs that are not screen reader friendly, and asking for input on which ones are with a given screen reader is specific to that screen reader and that program.

--

Re: Nvda accessible converter WMA to MP3

Pascal,

Again, I want to encourage you to ask questions about programs that are accessible with NVDA for a specific purpose on the main group, as that's entirely appropriate.   If someone gives one that you want to get into how to use the program, where NVDA itself is incidental, then that sort of discussion should occur here on the Chat Subgroup.

It's perfectly acceptable to ask questions of the form, "Do you know of software for {insert purpose here} that's accessible with NVDA?   There are just so many programs that are not screen reader friendly, and asking for input on which ones are with a given screen reader is specific to that screen reader and that program.

--

Vimeo

Sarah k Alawami

Recently I'm receiving some websites which contains video from vimeo. How
to open that video in vimeo app? How to back or forward that video? There
is seek control but it doesn't change through volume shortcut. Is it
possible to download those video? When I shared with videoder, it loaded
the website. There is no option to download.

Re: Vimeo

Sarah k Alawami

Try youtube dl. That downloads mostly anything, and I mean anything. If it downloads stuff . ffrom vimeo you will know.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. This is also our libsyn page as well.

to subscribe to the feed click here

Our telegram channel is also a good place for an announce only in regard to podcasts, contests, etc.

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on youtube, twitch and mixer. Thanks Restream staff.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 20 Oct 2019, at 11:36, farhan israk wrote:

Recently I'm receiving some websites which contains video from vimeo. How to open that video in vimeo app? How to back or forward that video? There is seek control but it doesn't change through volume shortcut. Is it possible to download those video? When I shared with videoder, it loaded the website. There is no option to download.

Nvda accessible converter WMA to MP3

coccinelle@...

Hi,

Please, does anyone knows of an NVDA accessible WMA to  MP3 converter?

Very much appreciated.

Blessings

Pascal

Vimeo

farhan israk

Recently I'm receiving some websites which contains video from vimeo. How to open that video in vimeo app? How to back or forward that video? There is seek control but it doesn't change through volume shortcut. Is it possible to download those video? When I shared with videoder, it loaded the website. There is no option to download.

Re: Win10 reading password and pin

On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 03:15 PM, <coccinelle@...> wrote:
I’ll check the setting of the button at the end of the password and pin.
I'm just curious as to whether you've found the root cause of this peculiar behavior.   I know by default password fields are hidden and you should be getting the "star star star" behavior out of a screen reader.   I'd love to know why you (and, quite likely many others) are not getting that intermittently and seemingly unpredictably at the moment.

--

coccinelle@...

Brian,

You are right, it is NVDA doing the reading.  The interesting thing, it does not happen at every log in.  I’ll check the setting of the button at the end of the password and pin.

Many thanks.

Blessings

Pascal

From: chat@nvda.groups.io <chat@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2019 3:10 PM
To: chat@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [chat] Win10 reading password and pin

Pascal,

Just for clarity, Windows 10 announces nothing, the screen reader does.

I presume you're using NVDA and under its General Settings you have the Automatically start NVDA after I log on to Windows and Use NVDA on the Windows logon screen (requires administrator privileges) checkboxes checked.   I do not know of a way to make the Windows 10 logon screen show password or PIN by default, but I would imagine if the "show" state is activated then the screen reader would read the characters you're typing rather than the standard "star" being repeated for each character as it's typed.   There is a button at the end of the password and PIN field that toggles visibility.   Check to see if yours is set to show (or visible) rather than hide (or invisible).

--

Pascal,

Just for clarity, Windows 10 announces nothing, the screen reader does.

I presume you're using NVDA and under its General Settings you have the Automatically start NVDA after I log on to Windows and Use NVDA on the Windows logon screen (requires administrator privileges) checkboxes checked.   I do not know of a way to make the Windows 10 logon screen show password or PIN by default, but I would imagine if the "show" state is activated then the screen reader would read the characters you're typing rather than the standard "star" being repeated for each character as it's typed.   There is a button at the end of the password and PIN field that toggles visibility.   Check to see if yours is set to show (or visible) rather than hide (or invisible).

--

Win10 reading password and pin

coccinelle@...

Hi,

Anyone is experiencing this:  At the log on screen, Win10 announces my password and pin instead of the “****”

Any suggestion?

Very much appreciated.

Blessings

Pascal

Re: Opopanax.net and Virtual Recorder

Thanks Gene.

Based on what both you and Mohamed have archived it appears that the latest version is 1.6.0.2712.

--

Re: Opopanax.net and Virtual Recorder

Gene

Here is Virtual Recorder portable.  It was already in my Dropbox account.  I don't know which version it is.
Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2019 9:33 AM
Subject: Re: [chat] Opopanax.net and Virtual Recorder

It was a site hosted by an individual and I don't know how likely it is that we will ever know why it disappeared.

I may have a portable version of the program.  I'll check.  I'm not sure which version it is.

Gene
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, October 16, 2019 9:28 AM
Subject: [chat] Opopanax.net and Virtual Recorder

I believe I sourced talking Windows PE files from Opopanax.net a couple of years back and all indications are that it was "the original source" for Virtual Recorder.   All indications are also that the site is no longer in existence, as I have not been able to reach it for days.

Just wondering if anyone knows when and why it shut down, and whether anyone has the portable ZIP file version and/or installer for Virtual Recorder.  I believe the latest version I can find reference to is 1.3.

--

Re: And again, another test, for which I apologize

Reply to what was sent as HTML, but with the original deleted, and the plain text option for Groups.io in force again.

Let's see what this does as far as the message footer is concerned.  I suspect that HTML is going to be maintained because the message being replied to was HTML, even though all its content was  excised from the reply before the first character of the reply was typed.

--
Brian *-* Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1903, Build 18362

*A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."*

And again, another test, for which I apologize

This time the only text formatting is the addition of color, which will cause HTML format to be used.

--

Re: Oops, would have helped . . .

And a reply to the reply, with the plain text domain option removed.  This should be the last testing message.

The message being replied to, which was sent when the plain text domain option was in force, is below.

On 10/17/2019 10:03 AM, Brian Vogel via Groups.Io wrote:
Reply forced to plain text.

--

*A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."*

Re: Oops, would have helped . . .

Reply forced to plain text.

--

4981 - 5000 of 6311