Date   

Re: Lenovo Vantage Utility

brice Mijares

Thank you for the help.

On 3/3/2020 3:14 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Tue, Mar 3, 2020 at 06:01 PM, brice Mijares wrote:

G-50 45

https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/lenovo_g40_g50_z40_z50_ug_english.pdf?linkTrack=PSP:ProductInfo:UserGuide

And, unsurprisingly, the section, /Setting hotkey mode/, indicates that this is done via BIOS/UEFI.  With this, I'm done, as it's documented clearly exactly what needs to be done to turn the hotkey functions for the function keys on or off.

--

Brian *-*Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363

*/The problem with values voting is that it completely puts to the side or totally obviates past performance, the effectiveness of policies proposed, intelligence and judgment — you know, the qualities that actually matter for someone who wants to lead the free world./*

~ Zareh Delanchian

On Tue, Mar 3, 2020 at 06:01 PM, brice Mijares wrote:
G-50 45
https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/lenovo_g40_g50_z40_z50_ug_english.pdf?linkTrack=PSP:ProductInfo:UserGuide

And, unsurprisingly, the section, Setting hotkey mode, indicates that this is done via BIOS/UEFI.  With this, I'm done, as it's documented clearly exactly what needs to be done to turn the hotkey functions for the function keys on or off.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363

The problem with values voting is that it completely puts to the side or totally obviates past performance, the effectiveness of policies proposed, intelligence and judgment — you know, the qualities that actually matter for someone who wants to lead the free world.

~ Zareh Delanchian

brice Mijares

Brian, it is a G-50 45. When I first bought it , it came with win 8. I did not like it and put it away until win 10 came out.

Windows version: Windows 10Ver1909 (64-bit) build 18363.693

On 3/3/2020 1:28 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
I believe you mean Lenovo Vantage <https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/software/vantage>, and it does not reconfigure the function keys as media keys on most of their hardware.

What is your model?  It's most likely a tweak to BIOS/UEFI, which would require sighted assistance since no screen reader will run prior to an OS being loaded, and BIOS/UEFI is way ahead of the OS loading in any boot sequence.

--

*/The problem with values voting is that it completely puts to the side or totally obviates past performance, the effectiveness of policies proposed, intelligence and judgment — you know, the qualities that actually matter for someone who wants to lead the free world./*

~ Zareh Delanchian

On Tue, Mar 3, 2020 at 05:27 PM, brice Mijares wrote:
I really don't remember.
In which case the default presumption is that what you are seeking to change is controlled in BIOS/UEFI.  There are a few makers that have utilities that run under Windows that can tweak smart keys/action keys/whatever they call them keys so that the function keys go back to being regular function keys, but most control the on/off state of that under BIOS/UEFI.

--

The problem with values voting is that it completely puts to the side or totally obviates past performance, the effectiveness of policies proposed, intelligence and judgment — you know, the qualities that actually matter for someone who wants to lead the free world.

~ Zareh Delanchian

brice Mijares

thank for the heads up on chrome.

On 3/3/2020 1:30 PM, molly the blind tech lover wrote:
Hi.
You'll have to go into the bios to change the behavior of the function keys. I have a Lenovo laptop and the keys behave the same way. Also, the thing with Chrome where you have to press f5 or NVDA plus f5 . . . that is an issue with Chrome, it's been fixed in the beta. There should be a Chrome update on March 17, in which this issue will be resolved.

-----Original Message-----
From: chat@nvda.groups.io <chat@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of brice Mijares
Sent: Tuesday, March 3, 2020 3:38 PM
To: chat <chat@nvda.groups.io>
Subject: [chat] lenovo advantage

Can someone point me in the right direction in Lenovo Advantage where I can make changes to FF-1 through F-12? Using Google, I now have to use the FN key plus F-5 just to refresh a page. Same trying to hear the time, FN key plus NVDA key plus F-10. This Lenovo Advantage don't seem vary accessible to me. thanks

brice Mijares

. Had it for 5 years.Brian, I really don't remember. maybe something like 55 40

On 3/3/2020 1:28 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
I believe you mean Lenovo Vantage <https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/software/vantage>, and it does not reconfigure the function keys as media keys on most of their hardware.

What is your model?  It's most likely a tweak to BIOS/UEFI, which would require sighted assistance since no screen reader will run prior to an OS being loaded, and BIOS/UEFI is way ahead of the OS loading in any boot sequence.

--

~ Zareh Delanchian

molly the blind tech lover

Hi.
You'll have to go into the bios to change the behavior of the function keys. I have a Lenovo laptop and the keys behave the same way. Also, the thing with Chrome where you have to press f5 or NVDA plus f5 . . . that is an issue with Chrome, it's been fixed in the beta. There should be a Chrome update on March 17, in which this issue will be resolved.

-----Original Message-----
From: chat@nvda.groups.io <chat@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of brice Mijares
Sent: Tuesday, March 3, 2020 3:38 PM
To: chat <chat@nvda.groups.io>
Subject: [chat] lenovo advantage

Can someone point me in the right direction in Lenovo Advantage where I can make changes to FF-1 through F-12? Using Google, I now have to use the FN key plus F-5 just to refresh a page. Same trying to hear the time, FN key plus NVDA key plus F-10. This Lenovo Advantage don't seem vary accessible to me. thanks

I believe you mean Lenovo Vantage, and it does not reconfigure the function keys as media keys on most of their hardware.

--

~ Zareh Delanchian

Lenovo Vantage Utility

brice Mijares

Can someone point me in the right direction in Lenovo Advantage where I can make changes to FF-1 through F-12? Using Google,  I now have to use the FN key plus F-5 just to refresh a page. Same trying to hear the time, FN key plus NVDA key plus F-10. This Lenovo Advantage don't seem vary accessible to me. thanks

Re: cookies in multiple browsers appear to be off

I don't know what I was thinking when I wrote bookmarks. I meant to say cookies. This might have to be modified in archives.

On 2/28/2020 10:34 PM, Governor staten via Groups.Io wrote:
Hello list. I am using Firefox and both a development and latest stable release of Microsoft Edge. NVDA has absolutely nothing to do with this one in the least.

I go to the following site:

https://torahresource.com

and try to log in. When I try to log in, I'm told I need to accept cookies. I thought I had this one taken care of. I cannot figure out why I've never seen this before over such a range of browsers. I'm sure there is a simple fix. What might it be?

cookies in multiple browsers appear to be off

Hello list. I am using Firefox and both a development and latest stable release of Microsoft Edge. NVDA has absolutely nothing to do with this one in the least.

I go to the following site:

https://torahresource.com

and try to log in. When I try to log in, I'm told I need to accept cookies. I thought I had this one taken care of. I cannot figure out why I've never seen this before over such a range of browsers. I'm sure there is a simple fix. What might it be?

Re: open tween

Thanks for the info.

On 2/27/2020 12:22 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

Twitter blocked it. They are in talks to find out what happened. We have no news as of yet.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. This is also our libsyn page as well.

to subscribe to the feed click here

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on [twitch.](twitch.tv/ke7zum] Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 26 Feb 2020, at 21:29, Governor staten wrote:

Is anyone out there having issues with open tween? I"m not talking about screen readers either. Last night, I tried to launch it. It said something about being unauthorized. I deleted and unzipped it anew. I couldn't even authorize it to run. I'm wondering what the issue is. Anyone have any clues?

Re: Take a look at "Data Science using R & Python programming language"

farhan israk

NO. I don't have experience. I am learning python.

On Thu, 27 Feb 2020, 4:10 am André, <vrumfondel42@...> wrote:

Cool - Thanks a lot for sharing the link, Farhan! :) :) :) 😁

Are you working or do you have some experience in this area_
I'm currently trying to learn more about machine learning myself. But I found the book that I bought to be not very accessible, and moreover not really clearly written... :(

Best,
Martin

On 26/02/2020 19:53, farhan israk wrote:

R, Python and statistics tutorial for data science, machine learning and AI

Data science, Machine Learning and Artificial intelligence market is on boom.
Data science is basically converting structured or unstructured data in to insight, understanding and knowledge using scientific methods, processes and algorithms.

R is free open source language used as statistical and visualization software. It can deal with structured (organised) and semi-structured (semi-organised) data.

To learn R for data science we covered all aspects as follows:

✤ Introduction
✤ Data-Types in R
✤ Variables in R
✤ Operators in R
✤ Conditional Statements
✤ Loop statements
✤ Loop Control Statements
✤ R Script
✤ R Functions
✤ Custom Function
✤ Data Structures
⁎ Atomic vectors
⁎ Matrix
⁎ Arrays
⁎ Factors
⁎ Data Frames
⁎ List
✤ Import/Export Data – Assign values to data structure
✤ Data Manipulation/Transformation
✤ Apply function of Base R
✤ dplyr Package

For Python we covered following -
✤Environment setup and Essentials of Python
✽Introduction and Environment Setup
✽Variable assignment in Python
✽Data Types in Python
✽Data Structure: Tuple
✽Data Structure: List
✽Data Structure: Dictionary (Dict)
✽Data Structure: Set
✽Basic Operator: in
✽Basic Operator: + (plus)
✽Basic Operator: * (multiply)
✽Functions
✽Built-in Sequence Function in Python
✽Control Flow Statements: if, elif, else
✽Control Flow Statements: for Loops
✽Control Flow Statements: while Loops
✽Exception Handling

Statistics is crucial part to start learning in in this field.
Terms used in statistics is very strange and hard to understand for beginners, so we tried our best to explain these terms in very easy language for Novice, Intermediate or Advanced level guys in Data Science, Machine Learning, AI field.
Here we covered so many terms used in statistics like -
✽ Hypotheses
✽ Quantitative methods
✽ Qualitative methods
✽ Independent and Dependent variables
✽ Predictor and Outcome variables
✽ Categorical variables
✽ Binary variable
✽ Nominal variable
✽ Ordinal variable
✽ Continuous variable
✽ Interval variable
✽ Ratio variable
✽ Discrete variable
✽ Confounding variables
✽ Measurement error
✽ Validity and Reliability
✽ Two methods of data collection
✽ Types of variation
✽ Unsystematic variation
✽ Systematic variation
✽ Frequency distribution
✽ The Mean
✽ The Median
✽ The Mode
✽ Dispersion in distribution of Data
✽ Range
✽ Interquartile range
✽ Quartiles
✽ Probability
✽ Standard deviation

Most important advantage of this app that complete material except sample project is available offline, sample project part is online because we keep adding it web based regular.https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.androidassist.datascienceusingr.programminglanguage

-- 
Martin Wiemer
Postdoc
Organic Electronics and Microsystems Research Group
UMR 5218 – IMS – Laboratoire de l’Intégration du Matériau au Système
ENSCBP, 16 avenue Pey Berland, 33607 Pessac, FRANCE
http://oembordeaux.cnrs.fr/

Re: open tween

Sarah k Alawami

Twitter blocked it. They are in talks to find out what happened. We have no news as of yet.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website. This is also our libsyn page as well.

to subscribe to the feed click here

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on [twitch.](twitch.tv/ke7zum] Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 26 Feb 2020, at 21:29, Governor staten wrote:

Is anyone out there having issues with open tween? I"m not talking about screen readers either. Last night, I tried to launch it. It said something about being unauthorized. I deleted and unzipped it anew. I couldn't even authorize it to run. I'm wondering what the issue is. Anyone have any clues?

open tween

Re: Take a look at "Data Science using R & Python programming language"

André

Cool - Thanks a lot for sharing the link, Farhan! :) :) :) 😁

Are you working or do you have some experience in this area_
I'm currently trying to learn more about machine learning myself. But I found the book that I bought to be not very accessible, and moreover not really clearly written... :(

Best,
Martin

On 26/02/2020 19:53, farhan israk wrote:

Data science is basically converting structured or unstructured data in to insight, understanding and knowledge using scientific methods, processes and algorithms.

R is free open source language used as statistical and visualization software. It can deal with structured (organised) and semi-structured (semi-organised) data.

✤ Introduction
✤ Data-Types in R
✤ Variables in R
✤ Operators in R
✤ Conditional Statements
✤ Loop statements
✤ R Script
✤ R Functions
✤ Custom Function
✤ Data Structures
⁎ Atomic vectors
⁎ Matrix
⁎ Arrays
⁎ Factors
⁎ Data Frames
⁎ List
✤ dplyr Package

✽Data Types in Python
✽Functions
✽Exception Handling

Terms used in statistics is very strange and hard to understand for beginners, so we tried our best to explain these terms in very easy language for Novice, Intermediate or Advanced level guys in Data Science, Machine Learning, AI field.
✽ Hypotheses
✽ Quantitative methods
✽ Qualitative methods
✽ Categorical variables
✽ Binary variable
✽ Nominal variable
✽ Ordinal variable
✽ Continuous variable
✽ Interval variable
✽ Ratio variable
✽ Discrete variable
✽ Confounding variables
✽ Measurement error
✽ Types of variation
✽ Unsystematic variation
✽ Systematic variation
✽ Frequency distribution
✽ The Mean
✽ The Median
✽ The Mode
✽ Range
✽ Interquartile range
✽ Quartiles
✽ Probability
✽ Standard deviation

Most important advantage of this app that complete material except sample project is available offline, sample project part is online because we keep adding it web based regular.https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.androidassist.datascienceusingr.programminglanguage

-- 
Martin Wiemer
Postdoc
Organic Electronics and Microsystems Research Group
UMR 5218 – IMS – Laboratoire de l’Intégration du Matériau au Système
ENSCBP, 16 avenue Pey Berland, 33607 Pessac, FRANCE
http://oembordeaux.cnrs.fr/

Re: having trouble editing google slides with NVDA

Hi 😀

Thank you. As it turns out I’ve discovered that pressing enter on the body of the slide allows me to edit it. Working with the other students, we were able to figure out the formatting and everything.

But thank you for your response. 😀

From: chat@nvda.groups.io <chat@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2020 2:12 PM
To: chat@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [chat] having trouble editing google slides with NVDA

Molly,

I have never used Google Slides, with or without NVDA, but do feel free to post to the main group, making mention of your topic here, and asking those with experience to take a look.  Here's the direct link to it online:  

having trouble editing google slides with NVDA

I really appreciate your having directed this question here, but because we have only a subset of the regulars on the main group who've subscribed, there may be some there who could help.  If you do post asking folks to have a look at the Chat Subgroup, I'll lock that topic on the main group right afterward so that replies will come here, where they belong.

--

~ Zareh Delanchian

Re: having trouble editing google slides with NVDA

Molly,

I have never used Google Slides, with or without NVDA, but do feel free to post to the main group, making mention of your topic here, and asking those with experience to take a look.  Here's the direct link to it online:  

I really appreciate your having directed this question here, but because we have only a subset of the regulars on the main group who've subscribed, there may be some there who could help.  If you do post asking folks to have a look at the Chat Subgroup, I'll lock that topic on the main group right afterward so that replies will come here, where they belong.

--

~ Zareh Delanchian

Take a look at "Data Science using R & Python programming language"

farhan israk

✤ Introduction
✤ Data-Types in R
✤ Variables in R
✤ Operators in R
✤ Conditional Statements
✤ Loop statements
✤ R Script
✤ R Functions
✤ Custom Function
✤ Data Structures
⁎ Atomic vectors
⁎ Matrix
⁎ Arrays
⁎ Factors
⁎ Data Frames
⁎ List
✤ dplyr Package

✽Data Types in Python
✽Functions
✽Exception Handling

✽ Hypotheses
✽ Quantitative methods
✽ Qualitative methods
✽ Categorical variables
✽ Binary variable
✽ Nominal variable
✽ Ordinal variable
✽ Continuous variable
✽ Interval variable
✽ Ratio variable
✽ Discrete variable
✽ Confounding variables
✽ Measurement error
✽ Types of variation
✽ Unsystematic variation
✽ Systematic variation
✽ Frequency distribution
✽ The Mean
✽ The Median
✽ The Mode
✽ Range
✽ Interquartile range
✽ Quartiles
✽ Probability
✽ Standard deviation

Hey guys, Molly here.

Does anyone by any chance have  experience editing a presentation in Google slides with NVDA? I have a group project due in a week and we are required to make a slide show presentation using google slides. I was able to   start editing the slide. When I open the document in google drive, NVDA is in focus mode. I can use the up and down arrows, and NVDA says slide 1, slide 2, etc. Using the tab key,  NVDA says title, then hitting tab again it says body. The trouble I am having is trying to edit the text I’ve typed into the    body of the slide. I created the title of the slide and started editing the body. Having exited the document, I came back to do some more work. After navigating to the body of the slide I previously edited, it seems that using the up, down, left and right arrows don’t allow me  to read and edit  the text I’ve typed.  It seems that using the arrow keys moves the slide.  I have screen reader support enabled in google docs, etc. Using NVDA 2019.3.1 and Google Chrome.

This is really hard to explain and I have very limited experience with google slides, docs, etc. Any advice will be most appreciated.

Thank you

Kind regards

Molly  

4721 - 4740 of 6311