Date   

Re: regarding quadratic maths

udit pandey

what is this?
where i have to use it

On Fri, 16 Jul 2021 at 21:26, Brian Tew <montanalag@...> wrote:
You can use the quadratic formula. It has been 50 years but ...

x = (-2+-sqrt(b^2-4ac))/2a

starting with ax^2+bx+c = 0

Re: IBM-tts copy to addon Button

Mohamed

Hi Gene, yes, that is correct. ViaVoice can't be made portable, unfortunately, as it exclusively relies on the registry to find its components.

On 7/16/2021 10:26 AM, Gene wrote:

I don’t know how the add-on or the synthesizer works in different versions.  It used to be that Via Voice had at least one registry entry.  That may have nothing to do with what you are experiencing, but it is something to keep in mind. 

Gene
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, July 16, 2021 8:44 AM
Subject: [chat] IBM-tts copy to addon Button

ok,
so in the NVDA settings under IBM-tts there is a copy to addon button. This button will take the installed IBM-tts, copy the required files voice libraries that make it work into your NVDA addons folder making a new IBM-tts libraries addon, and then you can tell the IBM-tts driver addon to use the locally stored copy of IBM-tts, the one in your appdata folder and this, should, let you use IBM-tts on portable copies of NVDA. So I wanted to really try to see if this worked. But it warns, the button, that this may not work with certain versions of IBM-tts. But it never says which versions? so I tried with the latest IBM-tts 6.7.3.2 from the ftp site. I got everything set correctly, and to really test it I uninstalled the sapi4 IBM-tts because well I got a local copy in my addons folder now and should no longer need the installed copy of IBM-tts. And well when I restart NVDA2021.1, I get no speech, to get speech back I have to reinstall the sapi4 IBM-tts. I wonder if when I uninstall sapi4 IBM-tts all of its dll files get unregistered somehow, and then when I run the portable NVDA, IBM-tts no longer works because it expects some files to be registered which are not registered? I want to run it on a portable copy. Maybe I need a different version to use this copy to addon feature? if so which one? 

I presume his NVDA Remote is not working subsequent to an update to NVDA 2021.1.

I'd suggest doing a portable version of 2020.4, with NVDA Remote, and having him fire that up to allow you to remote in and do the other bits.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043

The poor wish to be rich, the rich wish to be happy, the single wish to be married, and the married wish to be dead.

~ Ann Landers

Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...>

I am not able to remote into his machine. His remote addon does not work anymore. That is why I would like to make for him a custom NVDA with IBM-tts and the remote addon preinstalled. 

Josh,

If you're able to remote in to his machine, wouldn't it be a heck of a lot easier to just install IBM TTS with his installed version of NVDA?

You seem to be, as is said in the area where I live, "going around Jake's barn," to get to a destination that could be arrived at more quickly by other routes.
--

The poor wish to be rich, the rich wish to be happy, the single wish to be married, and the married wish to be dead.

~ Ann Landers

I would like to get IBM-tts as a portable NVDA copy, working because I have a friend, who is a good bit older than me, and not that good with computers. And he prefers a voice that sounds like eloquence but he never bought the codeFactory voice because well, he's not that good with computers and just does basic stuff like facebook and emails and looking up stuff with google but he got used to eloquence from using jaws for many years. He also likes the remote addon so I can remote into his machine and help him with stuff remotely. So I would like to make him a custom portable copy of NVDA 2021.1 or later, give him a link in his email from which to download it, and say here you go, install this, tell it to copy the user configurations into the new copy that you are now installing, and once he does that he will then have a voice that sounds like eloquence, although it is the free IBM-tts, and he will also have the NVDA remote addon in there as well. But first I need to find some way to get IBM-tts running in a portable version of NVDA. 

Brian Tew

You can use the quadratic formula. It has been 50 years but ...

x = (-2+-sqrt(b^2-4ac))/2a

starting with ax^2+bx+c = 0

Gene

I don’t know how the add-on or the synthesizer works in different versions.  It used to be that Via Voice had at least one registry entry.  That may have nothing to do with what you are experiencing, but it is something to keep in mind. 

Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, July 16, 2021 8:44 AM
Subject: [chat] IBM-tts copy to addon Button

ok,
so in the NVDA settings under IBM-tts there is a copy to addon button. This button will take the installed IBM-tts, copy the required files voice libraries that make it work into your NVDA addons folder making a new IBM-tts libraries addon, and then you can tell the IBM-tts driver addon to use the locally stored copy of IBM-tts, the one in your appdata folder and this, should, let you use IBM-tts on portable copies of NVDA. So I wanted to really try to see if this worked. But it warns, the button, that this may not work with certain versions of IBM-tts. But it never says which versions? so I tried with the latest IBM-tts 6.7.3.2 from the ftp site. I got everything set correctly, and to really test it I uninstalled the sapi4 IBM-tts because well I got a local copy in my addons folder now and should no longer need the installed copy of IBM-tts. And well when I restart NVDA2021.1, I get no speech, to get speech back I have to reinstall the sapi4 IBM-tts. I wonder if when I uninstall sapi4 IBM-tts all of its dll files get unregistered somehow, and then when I run the portable NVDA, IBM-tts no longer works because it expects some files to be registered which are not registered? I want to run it on a portable copy. Maybe I need a different version to use this copy to addon feature? if so which one? 

This might be a good question for the Add-On developer.

I understand what you're asking, but it's not likely that anyone here knows more about this than you do at the moment, particularly since you're trying to get it all working under portable NVDA (and, by extension, a portable add-on).
--

~ Ann Landers

IBM-tts copy to addon Button

ok,
so in the NVDA settings under IBM-tts there is a copy to addon button. This button will take the installed IBM-tts, copy the required files voice libraries that make it work into your NVDA addons folder making a new IBM-tts libraries addon, and then you can tell the IBM-tts driver addon to use the locally stored copy of IBM-tts, the one in your appdata folder and this, should, let you use IBM-tts on portable copies of NVDA. So I wanted to really try to see if this worked. But it warns, the button, that this may not work with certain versions of IBM-tts. But it never says which versions? so I tried with the latest IBM-tts 6.7.3.2 from the ftp site. I got everything set correctly, and to really test it I uninstalled the sapi4 IBM-tts because well I got a local copy in my addons folder now and should no longer need the installed copy of IBM-tts. And well when I restart NVDA2021.1, I get no speech, to get speech back I have to reinstall the sapi4 IBM-tts. I wonder if when I uninstall sapi4 IBM-tts all of its dll files get unregistered somehow, and then when I run the portable NVDA, IBM-tts no longer works because it expects some files to be registered which are not registered? I want to run it on a portable copy. Maybe I need a different version to use this copy to addon feature? if so which one? 

Re: IELTS Exam - Challenges for those who are blind?

From my experience 6 years ago, the biggest challenge is probably the reading part as that involves reading passages and then answering questions based on the passages (when I took the exam in 2015, I got the braille version of the exam questions). Reading was also the part that I got the lowest score, at 6.5.
But due to covid and possibly other changes between then and now I do not know whether they still do braille versions of the exam questions.

udit pandey

i have to solve the question like i am pasting an example of the division of the polinomial now tell me how to do it

(i) x2–2) x3-3x2+5x–3 (x

and also, i am using win8 nvda latest version 

On Fri, 16 Jul 2021 at 06:19, Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...> wrote:
if you want to edit equations with NVDA, there is an addon called nvMathViewer, but I don't think NVMathViewer has been updated to work with NVDA 2021.1 yet. 

if you want to edit equations with NVDA, there is an addon called nvMathViewer, but I don't think NVMathViewer has been updated to work with NVDA 2021.1 yet. 

Sascha Cowley

You need to be more specific about what you're after. Are you looking to read, write, or use a computer algebra system (CAS) to solve quadratics? For what purpose?

regarding quadratic maths

udit pandey

hi group,
i hope that you all are very well
i want to know that how can i do quadratic maths on laptop

Re: IELTS Exam - Challenges for those who are blind?

For the readership, IELTS is the International English Language Testing System.

Their website: 

IELTS Home of the IELTS English Language Test

--

~ Ann Landers

IELTS Exam - Challenges for those who are blind?

farhan israk

What challenges do blind people face in the IELTS exam?

Nimer's Views on Accessible Antivirus Programs for NVDA and Android

Nimer Jaber

Hello everyone,

I just created a video on my views of a couple of accessible antivirus programs for Windows and for Android. The video is now up on my YouTube channel, www.youtube.com/nimerjaber and I also provide the dedicated link below. If you enjoy the video, please consider liking it, sharing, and if you are not subscribed, please consider subscribing. Please also note that, as a totally blind person with limited time, I am not focused in any way on the video, and care about the audio and content.

Please understand that I am not necessarily recommending one go out and install an antivirus program, if Windows Security is working for you, or if you find Google Play Protect to be adequate. Nonetheless, this may be helpful to some of you who are looking for dedicated security programs which are accessible.

You can also scan the QR code to access the video as well.

qrcode_ci3.googleusercontent.com.png

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

The message above is intended for the recipient to whom it was
addressed. If you believe that you are not the intended recipient,
please notify me via reply email and destroy all copies of this
correspondence. Action taken as a result of this email or its contents
by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) may result in civil or
criminal charges. I have checked this email and all corresponding
attachments for security threats.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

To find out about a free, open-source, and versatile screen reader for Windows, visit nvaccess.org

You can follow @nimerjaber on Twitter for the latest technology news.

To contact me, you can reply to this email or you may call me at (970) (393-4481) and I will do my best to respond to you promptly.

Thank you, and have a great day!

MSWord 2019 Confusion

David Russell <david.sonofhashem@...>

Hello Chat Group,

Brian, thanks for handling what now seems to be an 'amateur issue' as
I successfuly sent someone an attachment in my email to them last
evening. It worked just like the previous occasions when using MSW
2013. Voila!
As I understand conditions, unless one designates in settings for
their documents not to be stored on One Drive, they are automatically
stored as a 'caveat' by beloved Microsoft for the using consumer.
So, I did 'conflate' the two issues as, like others, I think ahead
when interpreting technical information outside my area of
familiarity.
Thanks again, and happy to report issue resolved!

--
David C. Russell, Author
david.sonofhashem@...

Re: MSWord 2019 Confusion

You are conflating true attachments with file sharing via the cloud.

An attachment includes the file (or files) as part of the message you're sending.  How you create that message can vary, but typically it's within Outlook or in File Explorer if you have a mechanism for "Send to Mail Recipient" configured.  I never use the latter and always attach from within the email client or webmail client I'm using.

You can always put a file on OneDrive, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc., and provided you have the sharing permissions correct refer others to it by giving them the link.  But that's not an attachment though it can be employed quite similarly.

I do not even know what you mean by "sending an attachment referencing File Explorer."
--

~ Ann Landers

3021 - 3040 of 6311