Date   

Re: getting rid of unwanted sound using nvda

Gene

As described, the problem isn’t caused  by such things.  It states very specific times when sounds occur, when moving among icons on the desktop and when in the NVDA menu.  If the problem occurs at other times when using the keyboard, then there may be some problem with a loose or damaged connection.  If, however, the problem only occurs at very specific times such as this, I have no idea what it is. 

Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, September 06, 2021 5:28 PM
Subject: Re: [chat] getting rid of unwanted sound using nvda

Jean I have had this issue on cheap soundcards but also older computers.

Not this workstation.

So in my case, the speakers would pick up the sound of my powerpack but the last system that did this I got in 2003 and the latest systems had this less and less though I had to use a usb hub which was secured and game ready to avoid all the noise.

This old now amd zen1 mobile 2000 ryzen workstation has some protection.

One thing you can do if your system has it is use enhancements like noise cancelation and room correction to try to handle that but yeah, if you hear a hum then you may have an unshielded card.

I have not had this happen on any system not even my intel7th gen, however I had it as recently as my 3rd gen i5 toshiba and with a lot of older units to.

On 7/09/2021 9:31 am, Gene wrote:
I’ve used audio from the line-out on the computer for all of my computer use and I haven’t had this problem.  My guess is that there is something about using the internal soundcard that is causing this problem.  When you used USB speakers, you weren’t using the internal sound card, the USB speakers were the soundcard.  If you want to use the speakers you are using without this problem, you may be able to solve the problem with a USB sound card and plugging the speakers into the output of that sound card.  You can get a very cheap sound card to test this with.  I believe you can get them for less than ten U.S. dollars.  

Gene
Sent: Monday, September 06, 2021 4:09 PM
Subject: [chat] getting rid of unwanted sound using nvda

I recently switched from a pair of usb speakers to a pair that are
plugged into the audio out on my pc. Having done that, I am now hearing
an annoying sound when I move among the icons on my desktop or when I am
in the NVDA menu, settings and arrow around. It is this sort of clicking
that I never use to hear, and I want it gone, but haven't a clue. I've
look in sounds by searching in the start menu search box but didn't find
anything that seemed relevant. Is it just the switch from the usb
speakers to the audio jack that caused this? That doesn't seem to make
sense.

Mary

Mary Otten

I have had experiences in the past with static or whatever that was coming through SoundBlaster sound cards. But in this case, this clicking is some kind of sound effect. It’s not a noise. It is a sound effect coming from windows I guess, kind of like the sound you get when you have incoming mail or whatever. It’s just that I’ve never heard this one, and I would like to get rid of it.

On Sep 6, 2021, at 2:31 PM, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

I’ve used audio from the line-out on the computer for all of my computer use and I haven’t had this problem.  My guess is that there is something about using the internal soundcard that is causing this problem.  When you used USB speakers, you weren’t using the internal sound card, the USB speakers were the soundcard.  If you want to use the speakers you are using without this problem, you may be able to solve the problem with a USB sound card and plugging the speakers into the output of that sound card.  You can get a very cheap sound card to test this with.  I believe you can get them for less than ten U.S. dollars.  

Gene

sense.

Mary

Jean I have had this issue on cheap soundcards but also older computers.

Not this workstation.

So in my case, the speakers would pick up the sound of my powerpack but the last system that did this I got in 2003 and the latest systems had this less and less though I had to use a usb hub which was secured and game ready to avoid all the noise.

This old now amd zen1 mobile 2000 ryzen workstation has some protection.

One thing you can do if your system has it is use enhancements like noise cancelation and room correction to try to handle that but yeah, if you hear a hum then you may have an unshielded card.

I have not had this happen on any system not even my intel7th gen, however I had it as recently as my 3rd gen i5 toshiba and with a lot of older units to.

On 7/09/2021 9:31 am, Gene wrote:

Gene

sense.

Mary

Well you may need cables or something that are shielded.

I have a usb 7.1 soundcard which is cheap from atguys for example that is good for speakers, but as soon as I turn on the microphone I hear bus noise from the components from the microphone side even if there is no microphone running.

However on my andrea electronics superbeam which came with my 3d recording phones I hear nothing.

If I plug my old creative sbplay1 into a port I will hear noise from my keyboard and fan but not into my gaming hub.

I used to get noise from my system like that with headphones.

So what you can do.

I have no idea but if you are getting this directly from your headphone jack then do you have this happen with any other devices, like headphones?

If the latter then you probably can't do much about it unless you want to ferrit round inside the case tightening loose connections if on a pc.

If on a laptop, maybe its time to buy another one.

I suspect it may be the former, which could mean you have a broken speaker cable.

If you can detatch your speaker cable you can certainly get a replacement 3.5male to 3.5 male cord to plug back into the speakers.

If its a hub, I used an mbeat 10 port power station for a bit till it crapped out due to heavy use.

However I have given such a device to a friend and its high performance, and has dampning features, actually increased transfer spped.

I currently use a tp link uh710 there is a 720 with charging and its been really good for the most part.

The most compairable manufacture for this thing is orico but mbeat and suchh exist, of course due to the virus things are not as good, however for long use those units with indevidual switches can break at the switch after long useage.

My tp link had the latest as of 3 years ago chipset and has 1 button to turn it on and off and just works.

The only issue is the data and power cable ports are really close and if you power it up on something like a powerboard or anything it will turn on till you turn it off.

It also is sensitive to any unstable connections but for all that its been working for ages now, couldn't go without it.

You may have to invest in speakers with their own amp and or protection.

I currently use a pair of razer mono nomo speakers the basic non touch addition with their own dampening hardware and software and this works well enough.

Before that I used a logitech speaker set.

I also have a stereo with amp I use from time to time.

If neither of this works, depending on what makes noise you can shift things about but thats about it.

On 7/09/2021 9:09 am, Mary Otten wrote:
I recently switched from a pair of usb speakers to a pair that are plugged into the audio out on my pc. Having done that, I am now hearing an annoying sound when I move among the icons on my desktop or when I am in the NVDA menu, settings and arrow around. It is this sort of clicking that I never use to hear, and I want it gone, but haven't a clue. I've look in sounds by searching in the start menu search box but didn't find anything that seemed relevant. Is it just the switch from the usb speakers to the audio jack that caused this? That doesn't seem to make sense.

Mary

Gene

Gene

sense.

Mary

getting rid of unwanted sound using nvda

Mary Otten

I recently switched from a pair of usb speakers to a pair that are plugged into the audio out on my pc. Having done that, I am now hearing an annoying sound when I move among the icons on my desktop or when I am in the NVDA menu, settings and arrow around. It is this sort of clicking that I never use to hear, and I want it gone, but haven't a clue. I've look in sounds by searching in the start menu search box but didn't find anything that seemed relevant. Is it just the switch from the usb speakers to the audio jack that caused this? That doesn't seem to make sense.

Mary

caption less images with nvda on google form

udit pandey

hi group,
I want to reed images which nvda says graphic captionless image 
on google form how to do this?

Re: Reading subtitle.

Sean

You can read subtitle on windows with potplayer.

On 05/09/2021 13:08, farhan israk wrote:

How can I read subtitle of a youtube video with talk back on android and with nbda on pc?

Reading subtitle.

farhan israk

How can I read subtitle of a youtube video with talk back on android and with nbda on pc?

Chromebooks in Google Docs, My Favorite Checking Account Reviewed

Nimer Jaber

Hello everyone,

Tonight at 18:00 (6:00 PM) Pacific U.S., 01:00 UTC, I will be joined by Kirt on my YouTube channel to train him in the use of Google Docs using Chrome OS. If you are at all interested in Google Docs, and especially if you are with the use of a Chromebook, you should check out this event. 

If you are looking for a bank account with pretty much no fees, complete ATM fee reimbursement, no wire transfer in or out fees, you will also want to check out my review at the end.

The link to watch live and later on if you miss the stream is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKI7cr_jb1M

Please like, share, and subscribe if you feel inclined to do so. It goes a long way to helping out the channel.

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

To find out about a free, open-source, and versatile screen reader for Windows, visit nvaccess.org

You can follow @nimerjaber on Twitter for the latest technology news.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Re: windows 11 system requirements explained

Bob Jutzi <jutzi@...>

Not sure if Secure Boot needs to be changed manually or if this is something done by Windows 11. System Info shows my system's Secure Boot as off; however, I've been running Windows 11 since the first insider.

Bob

On 8/31/2021 5:09 PM, Rob Hudson wrote:

well, I always have secure boot turned off, so according to this article, that leaves me out of w11. Unless something changes of course.

----- Original Message -----
To: chat@nvda.groups.io
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2021 08:44:18 +1200
Subject: [chat] windows 11 system requirements explained

Hi.

This article lists the requirements in a more explainable way.

https://winaero.com/how-to-check-whether-a-pc-you-want-to-buy-is-windows-11-compatible/

Of note, my ryzen 2000 cpu in my system that I have which is a laptop
may not meet the requirements.

I am not sure if I will be releaved or not.

One one hand there is the android subsystem but thats not in initial
version.

There is also the issue I have with not really wanting to have to
manually change defaults by file type.

Then there are the sounds, on systems I have to work on I need to listen
for the startup sound and I was concerned about the quietness of that
but guess I don't have to worry about that.

We are in covid after all so maybe its good my system will not be
compatible.

Also hints are that 21h2 is the last feature update ever and that it
will be security updates from here on out for the next 5 years.

So for 5 years I may potentially get a stable os and well maybe thats
fine to.

Re: windows 11 system requirements explained

Rob Hudson <rob_hudson3182@...>

well, I always have secure boot turned off, so according to this article, that leaves me out of w11. Unless something changes of course.

Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2021 08:44:18 +1200
Subject: [chat] windows 11 system requirements explained

Hi.

https://winaero.com/how-to-check-whether-a-pc-you-want-to-buy-is-windows-11-compatible/

Of note, my ryzen 2000 cpu in my system that I have which is a laptop
may not meet the requirements.

One one hand there is the android subsystem but thats not in initial
version.

There is also the issue I have with not really wanting to have to
manually change defaults by file type.

Then there are the sounds, on systems I have to work on I need to listen
for the startup sound and I was concerned about the quietness of that
but guess I don't have to worry about that.

We are in covid after all so maybe its good my system will not be
compatible.

Also hints are that 21h2 is the last feature update ever and that it
will be security updates from here on out for the next 5 years.

So for 5 years I may potentially get a stable os and well maybe thats
fine to.

windows 11 system requirements explained

Hi.

Of note, my ryzen 2000 cpu in my system that I have which is a laptop may not meet the requirements.

One one hand there is the android subsystem but thats not in initial version.

There is also the issue I have with not really wanting to have to manually change defaults by file type.

Then there are the sounds, on systems I have to work on I need to listen for the startup sound and I was concerned about the quietness of that but guess I don't have to worry about that.

We are in covid after all so maybe its good my system will not be compatible.

Also hints are that 21h2 is the last feature update ever and that it will be security updates from here on out for the next 5 years.

So for 5 years I may potentially get a stable os and well maybe thats fine to.

Windows 11 Now Has An Official Release Date: October 5, 2021

Windows 11 available on October 5
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043

The poor wish to be rich, the rich wish to be happy, the single wish to be married, and the married wish to be dead.

~ Ann Landers

regarding eurofly

udit pandey

hi group,
I want new eurofly with its new mod

Re: wifi mesh networks

Thanks for this brian.

On 30/08/2021 4:06 am, Brian Vogel wrote:

Shaun,

If you are having issues with coverage that your current setup doesn't handle well, then consider mesh, otherwise don't.

There is no great advantage to getting a mesh system if what you already have is meeting your needs.

That's a general truism with computer technology in general:  If what you have is meeting your needs to your satisfaction, then you don't need something else.
--

The poor wish to be rich, the rich wish to be happy, the single wish to be married, and the married wish to be dead.

~ Ann Landers

Re: wifi mesh networks

Shaun,

If you are having issues with coverage that your current setup doesn't handle well, then consider mesh, otherwise don't.

There is no great advantage to getting a mesh system if what you already have is meeting your needs.

That's a general truism with computer technology in general:  If what you have is meeting your needs to your satisfaction, then you don't need something else.
--

~ Ann Landers

Re: windows 11 and older processers

On Sat, Aug 28, 2021 at 11:57 PM, John J. Boyer wrote:
"There was an error opening the trusted platform module." What does that mean?
-
Most likely that the TPM exists, but is not activated in BIOS/UEFI.  If there's not a TPM present you should get the window opening and telling you, "Compatible TPM cannot be found."

There are other possibilities, but that's what I'd check first.

--

~ Ann Landers

wifi mesh networks

Hi.

What are your guys thoughts on wifi mesh.

I have been moving slowly upgrading things as I have needed to.

My last push was to update my old isp controled router to another isp controled router using duelband.

This is fine but after that I upgraded my extender to a single netgear fastlane unit.

This is all and good but now its all going mesh where there is always 1 point and no extentions.

I have been looking at all mesh systems, obviously netgear would be one option as I have used it.

Unsure about tp link or dlink but the google stuff is quite smart and could be usefull for obvious reasons.

Is it worth going to a smart mesh system like google.

I can get a single point for about 250 dollars here, or should I use more.

With all the smart stuff going on, I'm not sure but at the same time its a bit more powerfull.

Its just another push to the next thing slowly.

Re: windows 11 and older processers

Which is why I am asking.

My 4th generation aint gona cut it but its not like the user needs it.

The user that I have on the 7th gen is happy with 10.

However there is always that option if I wanted to.

That being said I really hope they either fix the default association thing or someone makes a hack so we can associate things like we do on windows 10 because right now microsoft are really trying to make users use their software which is fair but associating via each filetype is going to be madness.

On 29/08/2021 1:34 pm, Rob Hudson wrote:
Microsoft has scaled back some of the requirements.
Alongside a new preview build of Windows 11, Microsoft announced a significant update to Windows 11 minimum hardware requirements. The company has been blocking old Windows 10 PCs from downloading preview Windows 11 builds, allowing the new system to run only on devices with Intel 8th / AMD Ryzen 2nd gen CPUs and up. Following users' discontent with hardware requirements and evaluating data from early testers, Microsoft decided to backtrack some of the compatibility rules. Now, any Windows 10-compatible PC can run Windows 11 without significant limitations.
When it comes to upgrading PCs with unsupported processors to Windows 11, Microsoft says users are free to clean-install the system using official ISOs. If your computer has a 64-bit CPU with two cores running at 1GHz, 4 GB of RAM, and 64GB of storage, you are good to go.

I also believe they are going to remove the requirement for TPM, but tthat's not official, just rumors, and should be taken as a grain of salt.

Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2021 18:08:42 -0700
Subject: Re: [chat] windows 11 and older processers

And since Windows 10 will be supported until 2025, those who have older processors (including myself) have nothing to worry about.� By the time Windows 10 reaches end of life, any machine I have, including this one with an i7-4700MQ, will be over 10 years old and surely in need of replacement.

What follows is pure speculation on my part, but I won't be shocked if Windows 10 support ends up being extended past its original end of life date since there are a number of very recent hardware, as of this writing, that can't be upgraded to Windows 11, and that won't be ready for the recycling bin by 2025.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043

*The poor wish to be rich, the rich wish to be happy, the single wish to be married, and the married wish to be dead.*

~ Ann Landers

2761 - 2780 of 6311