Date   

Re: credit card applications

Brian Tew

On the other other hand maybe the email has bad links some hackers want you to click.

On Dec 1, 2021, at 3:08 PM, Don H <lmddh50@...> wrote:

I got a letter from CITI Bank saying I had applied for their credit card but my application could not be completed because my Credit reports are Frozen. I did not apply for such a card that possibily means someone is trying to use my name. On the other hand maybe it is CITI Bank attempt to get me to apply for their card.
Has anhyone else got similar letters from CITI Bank?
I have all my credit beaurals frozen so I am not too conceerned about fruad at this point.

Nimer Jaber

Good thing that your credit is frozen. Sounds like identity theft to me.

On Wed, Dec 1, 2021 at 1:08 PM Don H <lmddh50@...> wrote:
I got a letter from CITI Bank saying I had applied for their credit card
but my application could not be completed because my Credit reports are
Frozen.  I did not apply for such a card that possibily means someone is
trying to use my name.  On the other hand maybe it is CITI Bank attempt
to get me to apply for their card.
I have all my credit beaurals frozen so I am not too conceerned about
fruad at this point.

--
Best,

Nimer Jaber

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

To find out about a free, open-source, and versatile screen reader for Windows, visit nvaccess.org

You can follow @nimerjaber on Twitter for the latest technology news.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Gene

Unlessit can be determined that the message is not legitimate, I think it would be a good idea to check directly with the bank.

Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2021 3:22 PM
Subject: Re: [chat] credit card applications

Probably a phishing attempt to get your personal details they need to complete the fraud

Sent: 01 December 2021 21:08
To: chat@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [chat] credit card applications

fruad at this point.

Gene

No reputable bank would send such a message to try to get you to get their card.  It would be a good idea to check directly with the bank, don’t use any link or phone number or anything from the message.  there may not be anything you need do regarding protecting yourself but at least you would know if the letter is legitimate and if someone is trying to open an account using your information.

Gene

Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2021 3:08 PM

fruad at this point.

Chris

Probably a phishing attempt to get your personal details they need to complete the fraud

Sent: 01 December 2021 21:08

fruad at this point.

credit card applications

Don H

I got a letter from CITI Bank saying I had applied for their credit card but my application could not be completed because my Credit reports are Frozen. I did not apply for such a card that possibily means someone is trying to use my name. On the other hand maybe it is CITI Bank attempt to get me to apply for their card.
I have all my credit beaurals frozen so I am not too conceerned about fruad at this point.

Re: problem in using zoom with nvda on my bluetooth headphones

udit pandey

ok

On Wed, 1 Dec 2021 at 21:57, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:
Udit,

No apology necessary.  I just want people to route messages correctly so they'll get the maximum exposure in the right place.

And for questions actually about NVDA, rather than what it's being used to work with, that's the main group.

You weren't trying the age-old technique of asking a question of the form, "How do I do <action X> in <program Y> using NVDA?," where the question being asked is the same whether the "using NVDA" is part of it or not.  And the question is not about NVDA.  Yours is a question about how to get NVDA to work in a specific circumstance, and you clearly outlined that circumstance.  Good for you!
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043

The stoical scheme of supplying our wants by lopping off our desires is like cutting off our feet when we want shoes.

~ Jonathan Swift (1667-1745)

--
hope that you all are safe with your family,
 udit
follow me on instagram: udit@pandey123
mail me on gmail at udit52805@...
or outlook me at uditpandey6474@outlook
we should not never speak bad, we should never see bad, and we should never lisson bad

Udit,

No apology necessary.  I just want people to route messages correctly so they'll get the maximum exposure in the right place.

And for questions actually about NVDA, rather than what it's being used to work with, that's the main group.

You weren't trying the age-old technique of asking a question of the form, "How do I do <action X> in <program Y> using NVDA?," where the question being asked is the same whether the "using NVDA" is part of it or not.  And the question is not about NVDA.  Yours is a question about how to get NVDA to work in a specific circumstance, and you clearly outlined that circumstance.  Good for you!
--

The stoical scheme of supplying our wants by lopping off our desires is like cutting off our feet when we want shoes.

udit pandey

sorry sir

On Wed, 1 Dec 2021 at 21:31, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:
Udit,

As this question really is about NVDA, you'll get a lot more attention from a lot more members if you ask on the main group.  You're not asking about how to use Zoom, but about how to solve a problem with NVDA when using Zoom.

--

--
hope that you all are safe with your family,
 udit
follow me on instagram: udit@pandey123
mail me on gmail at udit52805@...
or outlook me at uditpandey6474@outlook
we should not never speak bad, we should never see bad, and we should never lisson bad

Udit,

As this question really is about NVDA, you'll get a lot more attention from a lot more members if you ask on the main group.  You're not asking about how to use Zoom, but about how to solve a problem with NVDA when using Zoom.

--

problem in using zoom with nvda on my bluetooth headphones

udit pandey

hi group,
hope that you all are well
I had a problem with zoom when I was using it with my bluetooth headphones on my pc
I started meating suddenly, my nvda stopped working it diddent speak anything I tried restarting nvda still it was same but I could here other background voices.
same case was with narrator also.
but somehow I ended the meating then nvda worked perfectly is there any solution for this problem I am using nvda latest version windows 10 and the latest version of zoom

Re: Contact

On Tue, Nov 30, 2021 at 11:57 AM, Tim M wrote:
Sorry it went to everyone.
-
Just FYI to the membership at large, the Groups.io default for all groups, unless an owner changes it, and very few do, is that any reply using an e-mail or webmail client reply function is "to the group."  And since this is generally really what's wanted, that's why few owners change it.

If you want to reply back only to the person who originated a specific message, you will need to use the Reply to Sender link at the bottom of each message to reply privately (AKA direct message, and messages sent this way will have [DM] in front of the subject).
--

Dennis Clark

Hello Tim

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Can you help me understand what you mean by bind, because I'm not sure what that means. Just to be clear, I wasn't planning to request the login credentials of Bard or Bookshare from a user. Thanks again, and I look forward to hearing from you if you have a few minutes.

All the best,

Dennis

On 11/30/2021 8:57 AM, Tim M wrote:

You will have to get in touch with Bard and Bookshare to see if what you want to do has any security problems using there registration content.

They bind that stuff for a reason, and what you want to do breaks that.

On 11/30/2021 2:18 AM, Dennis Clark wrote:
Hello Dan,

Great to hear from you. I gather that since you saw my email that it did not go to only the poster. Hopefully this will go to just you. I find Thunderbird to be a real pain in the petunia.

I am excited about this project. As blind people we have an enormous problem accessing all that is freely available to sighted people, and when deafness or limited hearing is added to the situation, the result is almost too frustrating to comprehend.

My website is also going to tackle the problem of books distributed to those of us who are blind, but those books don't contain any figures or diagrams. As I'm sure you remember, in the good old days, books we obtained from Recordings for the Blind on audio tape always had descriptions of all pictures, diagrams, graphs and so on.

The third item I am working on is enabling blind users to upload PDF or multi page TIFF files containing images to my website, then the website will perform OCR, save the results to a text file which the user can then download. I have been experimenting with this, and we are now writing some code to evaluate the column structure of each page for recognition.

Finally, I have to find a good way to determine if our users are blind or deaf or in any other way reading disabled at the time of registration. My preference is to enable people who are registering to present their Bard, Bookshare, etc credentials so we can determine that they have been verified as disabled by another organization. I do not want people to have to get additional documentation to prove their disability yet again for our service. I have seen this done by some organizations but I don't recall which ones. I think I remember that the Internet Archive does something like this.

If you have any ideas about how to do this verification please let me know. Also, please let me know your thoughts on what I have described and what additional services might be helpful.

Again Dan it was great to hear from you. Give my best to Judy.

All the best,
Dennis

On 11/29/2021 5:48 PM, Dan Thompson wrote:
Great to hear this Denis.  I am looking forward to such a website or program!!

From: chat@nvda.groups.io <chat@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dennis Clark
Sent: Monday, November 29, 2021 6:54 PM
Subject: Re: [chat] Contact

Hello Ibrahim,

Hopefully this is going to you off list. I am building a website which performs the tasks you described. The primary purpose of my website ap is for blind/deaf and deaf people to get a transcription of audio from
mp3 audio files and mp4, Avi, etc files. My website will not be available for use by those with these disabilities for at least another month, but if you are disabled and have a few files which need to be transcribed I can do it for you in advance of announcing my website. In my tests a 1 hour video takes about 8 minutes for the transcription, and the result, though not perfect, is truly amazing. You can reach me at:

dennis@.... I look forward to hearing from you.

All the best,

Dennis

On 11/29/2021 1:47 PM, Ibrahim Ajayi wrote:
Hello:
Please does anyone know of a program or app, that one can use to
transcribe video and audio in to text.
If anyone knows of any program or app, please let me know, and also
let me know how such an app or program is used. A comprehensive
tutorial will be greatly appreciated.
Regards.
Ibrahim.

Tim M

You will have to get in touch with Bard and Bookshare to see if what you want to do has any security problems using there registration content.

They bind that stuff for a reason, and what you want to do breaks that.

On 11/30/2021 2:18 AM, Dennis Clark wrote:
Hello Dan,

Great to hear from you. I gather that since you saw my email that it did not go to only the poster. Hopefully this will go to just you. I find Thunderbird to be a real pain in the petunia.

I am excited about this project. As blind people we have an enormous problem accessing all that is freely available to sighted people, and when deafness or limited hearing is added to the situation, the result is almost too frustrating to comprehend.

My website is also going to tackle the problem of books distributed to those of us who are blind, but those books don't contain any figures or diagrams. As I'm sure you remember, in the good old days, books we obtained from Recordings for the Blind on audio tape always had descriptions of all pictures, diagrams, graphs and so on.

The third item I am working on is enabling blind users to upload PDF or multi page TIFF files containing images to my website, then the website will perform OCR, save the results to a text file which the user can then download. I have been experimenting with this, and we are now writing some code to evaluate the column structure of each page for recognition.

Finally, I have to find a good way to determine if our users are blind or deaf or in any other way reading disabled at the time of registration. My preference is to enable people who are registering to present their Bard, Bookshare, etc credentials so we can determine that they have been verified as disabled by another organization. I do not want people to have to get additional documentation to prove their disability yet again for our service. I have seen this done by some organizations but I don't recall which ones. I think I remember that the Internet Archive does something like this.

If you have any ideas about how to do this verification please let me know. Also, please let me know your thoughts on what I have described and what additional services might be helpful.

All the best,
Dennis

Great to hear this Denis.  I am looking forward to such a website or program!!

Hello Ibrahim,

Hopefully this is going to you off list. I am building a website which performs the tasks you described. The primary purpose of my website ap is for blind/deaf and deaf people to get a transcription of audio from
mp3 audio files and mp4, Avi, etc files. My website will not be available for use by those with these disabilities for at least another month, but if you are disabled and have a few files which need to be transcribed I can do it for you in advance of announcing my website. In my tests a 1 hour video takes about 8 minutes for the transcription, and the result, though not perfect, is truly amazing. You can reach me at:

All the best,

Dennis

Hello:
Regards.
Ibrahim.

Dennis Clark

Hello Dan,

All the best,
Dennis

Great to hear this Denis. I am looking forward to such a website or program!!

Hello Ibrahim,

All the best,

Dennis

Hello:
Regards.
Ibrahim.

Dan Thompson

Great to hear this Denis. I am looking forward to such a website or program!!

Hello Ibrahim,

All the best,

Dennis

Hello:
Regards.
Ibrahim.

Dennis Clark

Hello Ibrahim,

Hopefully this is going to you off list. I am building a website which  performs the tasks you described. The primary purpose of my website ap is for blind/deaf and deaf people to get a transcription of audio from mp3 audio files and mp4, Avi, etc files. My website will not be available for use by those with these disabilities for at least another month, but if you are disabled and have a few files which need to be transcribed I can do it for you in advance of announcing my website. In my tests a 1 hour video takes about 8 minutes for the transcription, and the result, though not perfect, is truly amazing. You can reach me at:

All the best,

Dennis

Hello:
Regards.
Ibrahim.

Contact

Ibrahim Ajayi

Hello:
Regards.
Ibrahim.

Google doc offline

farhan israk

I use Windows 10 21h2, nvda 2021.2 and google chrome latest. I have added doc offline extension. It is working with only one account. I have some more gmail account. I am not able to enable offline doc feature for those account... What should I do now?

Re: changing page and font size on google doc

farhan israk

Thank you. I have also tried to change page pressing page up or down. It does not work.

On Mon, 29 Nov 2021, 3:57 am Sascha Cowley via groups.io, <sascha.camille=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
You cannot use NVDA+F to announce font attributes in Google Docs, due to the way it has been developed as a web app. The keyboard shortcut to use in docs is Alt+Ctrl+A then Alt+Ctrl+F. Have a look at ehe Accessibility menu (Alt+Shift+A) for more accessibility features of Docs, such as jumping between headings, announcing comments etc (unfortunately some of these shortcuts conflict with the NVDA shortcut key that you may use, Alt+Ctrl+N).
To move among pages, just use page up and down without Ctrl. As you have discovered Ctrl+Pgup and Ctrl+Pgdown are standard hotkeys for switching among tabs in tabbed applications.

2021 - 2040 of 5858