Date   

Re: Pontes media downloader issues, need help please

Well looking at yt-dl on github it also has the ffmpeg builds.

Now for those having an issue I do wander what would happen if you backed up youtubedownloader.exe, named yt-dl.exe youtubedownloader.exe and tried to get the vid with that?

Have you contacted pontes on this.

If no one has I will try to do so and see if they can update their program.

On 17/12/2021 5:02 pm, arqam mehmood wrote:
Hi all.
Pontes media downloader uses youtube-dl for downloading of videos. and
youtube-dl is outdated now.
That's why downloading speed is very slow.
now, another tool yt-dlp is working as same. if developers of pontes
could update pontes media downloader with yt-dlp, problem can be
solved.
but I couldn't understand your error. can you explain the error to me again?
Regards, Arqam Mehmood.

On 12/16/21, Dennis Clark <dennis@...> wrote:
Hello Dan,

It seems that Pontes Media downloader is now being blocked by youtube.
At first it appeared to be in just a few geographic regions, but it is
now pretty universal. I just posted a method for downloading mp3 or mp4
files from youtube, and it works well. Let me know if I can help.

Best,

Dennis

On 12/16/2021 5:24 AM, Dan Thompson wrote:
Greetings, Media pontest media downloader is not converting my files
from youtube or putting them in the folder designated.  Is anyone else
having that problem.  I have uninstalled version two and reinstalled
it a few times. Then I tried version 3.0 and neither one is working.
Does anyone have ideas how to get it working again or another
accessible conversion program?  Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas
to all.

Re: application to download videos from youtube

Gene

What you wrote stated that you teach alt d.  I don’t know if you teach f6 to do this as well but you strongly implied not.

You said in part:
It's the one I teach when someone needs to get to the address bar either to copy the current address, or to enter a new one.  The fact that ALT + D not only throws focus there, but also selects the content, makes it perfect for either task.  As I said, alt d doesn’t select anything, it just moves youthere.

I wanted to explain why I use f6 so others may consider which they prefer when they are in a document and want to get to the address bar to copy the address.  I don’t use f6 to get to the address bar to manually type a new address.  .

Gene

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, December 17, 2021 11:00 AM
Subject: Re: [chat] application to download videos from youtube

On Fri, Dec 17, 2021 at 11:56 AM, Gene wrote:
I think this is a matter of preference.
-
Did I state otherwise?  I don't think so.

There is no right or wrong way to accomplish a task if it works.  One or another may be more or less efficient, or pretty much equivalent.  I've never said that anyone should use any given command.

It is, however, important to understand the commands you are using.  That's all this was about.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043

Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.

~ Mark Twain

On Fri, Dec 17, 2021 at 11:56 AM, Gene wrote:
I think this is a matter of preference.
-
Did I state otherwise?  I don't think so.

There is no right or wrong way to accomplish a task if it works.  One or another may be more or less efficient, or pretty much equivalent.  I've never said that anyone should use any given command.

It is, however, important to understand the commands you are using.  That's all this was about.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043

~ Mark Twain

Gene

The content is already selected.  It doesn’t matterif you use alt d or f6.  I think this is a matter of preference.  I use f6 because of what I’ll call consistency of using the same command.  In most browsers I’ve used, pressing f6 once takes me to the address bar.  When I want to return to the document, shift f6 may be used.  If I use just f6, I may move through one or two other structures, depending on what is opened, such as history or book marks but then I return to the main window.  I prefer using f6 to move to the address bar and something like shift f6 or repeating f6 again.  As I said, I like the consistency of the command.  Alt d to move to the address bar, then shift f6 to return to the document are two different commands.  I ;prefer using a one hand command.  As I said, this is a matter of preference.

Gene

Sent: Friday, December 17, 2021 10:01 AM

And since it's absolutely apropos here, I'm quoting a post I just made on "that other media downloader topic:"

On Fri, Dec 17, 2021 at 10:41 AM, Richard Wells wrote:
I have found that ALT+D will always focus the address bar with the content of the address bar selected. So far, I have not found a browser that does not support this way of doing it and it always takes focus straight to the address bar.
-
Until and unless one of the major or minor but well-known web browser developers change it, this command is, to my knowledge, observation, and direct experience universal.

It's the one I teach when someone needs to get to the address bar either to copy the current address, or to enter a new one.  The fact that ALT + D not only throws focus there, but also selects the content, makes it perfect for either task.  You can instantly hit CTRL + C to copy what's there, or start typing something else and what was there will be stricken with the first character entered.
--

Brian - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 21H1, Build 19043

~ Mark Twain

Re: Punctuation

Just tossing out that you can also use configuration profiles based on the app you're using, that trigger automatically when that app has focus.

You'd still do what Gene has instructed, but if you want to limit these changes based upon what program/app you happen to be using NVDA to access at any given time, you may also want to set up separate application-specific configuration profiles.
--

~ Mark Twain

And since it's absolutely apropos here, I'm quoting a post I just made on "that other media downloader topic:"

I have found that ALT+D will always focus the address bar with the content of the address bar selected. So far, I have not found a browser that does not support this way of doing it and it always takes focus straight to the address bar.
-
Until and unless one of the major or minor but well-known web browser developers change it, this command is, to my knowledge, observation, and direct experience universal.

It's the one I teach when someone needs to get to the address bar either to copy the current address, or to enter a new one.  The fact that ALT + D not only throws focus there, but also selects the content, makes it perfect for either task.  You can instantly hit CTRL + C to copy what's there, or start typing something else and what was there will be stricken with the first character entered.
--

~ Mark Twain

On Fri, Dec 17, 2021 at 07:50 AM, Gene wrote:
It is important to know about the f6 command.  It is not specific to any browser and it is actually a Windows command.  Many windows are divided into sections, called panes.  A window might have a tool bar in a pane and the main window is in another pane.  Pressing f6 moves you from pane to pane.
-
Agreed.  But I want to emphasize something you've already said:  This is a Windows Command, and it's the "jump to next pane, or screen element/area," command.  You eventually circle back to wherever you started when you first hit F6.  From the Microsoft help page entitled, Use a screen reader to explore and navigate File Explorer in Windows, and it's talked about many other places, too:
Cycle through the main screen elements

Press F6 (forward) or Shift+F6 (backward) to cycle through the main elements of File Explorer in the following order:

• The content pane taking up most of the screen

• The sorting buttons for the content pane (if the content pane is in the Details view mode)

• The status bar at the bottom of the screen, containing buttons for changing the view mode

• The toolbar at the top of the screen, containing navigation buttons and the Search box

• The navigation pane on the left side of the screen

--

~ Mark Twain

Gene

Its an interesting subject which browser is superior.  We can talk about differences. 

I’ve been meaning to call and I will soon.

Gene

Sent: Friday, December 17, 2021 9:27 AM
Subject: Re: [chat] Pontes media downloader issues, need help please

Hello Gene,

I wasn't aware of that, but it is a good point. I must confess that my view of Microsoft has changed during the past few years, so where I can find a non Microsoft alternative I move in that direction. I have begun using Brave during the past month and I really like it. Give me a call when you're ready to talk!

On 12/17/2021 7:14 AM, Gene wrote:
If those using the newer Edge use f6 to get to the address bar, that browser isn’t set up in the usual way.  You need to press it twice.  You can get to the address bar in other ways as well but its good that f6 is being discussed since it is an important command to know aside from the use we are discussing.

Gene
Sent: Friday, December 17, 2021 9:05 AM

Hello Dan,

I apologize for causing more confusion than clarity. I typed my response in a rush, and should have waited until I had more time to be clear.

The method I was describing is not a program like Pontes that one would download and install. It is instead simply a web based service, which will access the YouTube video at the address link specified by the user, then copy that video to its website for processing. Once it is finished processing which takes a few seconds, it provides a link a user can click on, and download the video or audio file to a local computer.

The website for the service I described is:

www.yt5s.com

The www.yt5s.com service can be used 2 different ways.

The way I initially described is the quickest method, because it eliminates a couple of steps.

The second method works as follows.

While on the YouTube webpage for the audio or video that one wishes to download, the address link for that specific youtube must be copied in some way to the clipboard just as is the case with Pontes Media Downloader.

I always do this by pressing function key 6, and this takes me to a window which contains the entire youtube link and nothing else.

I just tested again on my computer since others are apparently obtaining a different result which leaves me puzzled.

I just went to a youtube video page using Brave, Google Chrome, and Firefox, and pressing function key 6 in each browser provides the youtube page address.

So I guess I would say that using whatever people use to copy the YouTube address to the clipboard when using Pontes Media Downloader should be followed here also.

Once that youtube address is shown, the user has 2 options when using the www.yt5s.com service to download a video or audio.

The first method is the one I described in my previous post, which is to simply edit the displayed address by inserting the 2 characters 5s into the address, then pressing enter.

Example:

If the YouTube address being displayed is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXopgNU2sNY&ab_channel=DarrelWilson

Edit/modify  the address by inserting the 2 characters 5s after youtube and before .com so that it reads as follows:

https://www.youtube5s.com/watch?v=CXopgNU2sNY&ab_channel=DarrelWilson

After making this 2 letter modification to the youtube address, pressing the enter key will automatically take a user to the www.yt5s.com website with the conversion and download ready to go by simply clicking the get file button, then pressing enter on download file.

The alternative method for using the www.yt5s.com service is similar to Pontes Media Downloader, though there is no program to download and install like Pontes. Everything is done using your web browser.

The first stetp as with Pontes is to get to the YouTube video address in whatever way you typically do, for me funtion key 6.

Once there copy the address to the clipboard.

Next point your browser to the website, www.yt5s.com.

Once there, a form field is available where you must paste the YouTube address from your clipboard into the field.

Click on the button which says get video.

In a few seconds a link will appear which says download, so click on that link.

The standard Windows download options are presented for downloading to your computer.

This is certainly not a replacement for Pontes Media Downloader. Pontes is especially wonderful since it enables the downloading of entire playlists. I do find my downloads to be quicker than with Pontes, but this does not offset the loss of being able to download playlists.

Please let me know if I can provide any additional info.

Warmest regards,

Dennis

On 12/16/2021 5:42 PM, Dan Thompson wrote:

Hi Denis, is great to hear from  you.  Yes, you can help.  What is the program you used to convert, where do  you get it and where do the files go?  Thanks for responding!!!

From: chat@nvda.groups.io mailto:chat@nvda.groups.io On Behalf Of Dennis Clark
Sent: Thursday, December 16, 2021 10:49 AM
To: chat@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [chat] Pontest media downloader issues, need help please

Hello Dan,

It seems that Pontes Media downloader is now being blocked by youtube. At first it appeared to be in just a few geographic regions, but it is now pretty universal. I just posted a method for downloading mp3 or mp4 files from youtube, and it works well. Let me know if I can help.

Best,

Dennis

Greetings, Media pontest media downloader is not converting my files from youtube or putting them in the folder designated.  Is anyone else having that problem.  I have uninstalled version two and reinstalled it a few times.  Then I tried version 3.0 and neither one is working.  Does anyone have ideas how to get it working again or another accessible conversion program?  Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas to all.

-

--

~ Mark Twain

Richard Wells

I have found that ALT+D will always focus the address bar with the content of the address bar selected. So far, I have not found a browser that does not support this way of doing it and it always takes focus straight to the address bar. The first press of F6 will not necessarily move focus to where you want it.

On 12/17/2021 9:14 AM, Gene wrote:

If those using the newer Edge use f6 to get to the address bar, that browser isn’t set up in the usual way.  You need to press it twice.  You can get to the address bar in other ways as well but its good that f6 is being discussed since it is an important command to know aside from the use we are discussing.

Gene

Hello Dan,

I apologize for causing more confusion than clarity. I typed my response in a rush, and should have waited until I had more time to be clear.

The method I was describing is not a program like Pontes that one would download and install. It is instead simply a web based service, which will access the YouTube video at the address link specified by the user, then copy that video to its website for processing. Once it is finished processing which takes a few seconds, it provides a link a user can click on, and download the video or audio file to a local computer.

www.yt5s.com

The way I initially described is the quickest method, because it eliminates a couple of steps.

While on the YouTube webpage for the audio or video that one wishes to download, the address link for that specific youtube must be copied in some way to the clipboard just as is the case with Pontes Media Downloader.

I always do this by pressing function key 6, and this takes me to a window which contains the entire youtube link and nothing else.

I just tested again on my computer since others are apparently obtaining a different result which leaves me puzzled.

I just went to a youtube video page using Brave, Google Chrome, and Firefox, and pressing function key 6 in each browser provides the youtube page address.

So I guess I would say that using whatever people use to copy the YouTube address to the clipboard when using Pontes Media Downloader should be followed here also.

Once that youtube address is shown, the user has 2 options when using the www.yt5s.com service to download a video or audio.

The first method is the one I described in my previous post, which is to simply edit the displayed address by inserting the 2 characters 5s into the address, then pressing enter.

Example:

Edit/modify  the address by inserting the 2 characters 5s after youtube and before .com so that it reads as follows:

After making this 2 letter modification to the youtube address, pressing the enter key will automatically take a user to the www.yt5s.com website with the conversion and download ready to go by simply clicking the get file button, then pressing enter on download file.

The alternative method for using the www.yt5s.com service is similar to Pontes Media Downloader, though there is no program to download and install like Pontes. Everything is done using your web browser.

The first stetp as with Pontes is to get to the YouTube video address in whatever way you typically do, for me funtion key 6.

Once there, a form field is available where you must paste the YouTube address from your clipboard into the field.

The standard Windows download options are presented for downloading to your computer.

This is certainly not a replacement for Pontes Media Downloader. Pontes is especially wonderful since it enables the downloading of entire playlists. I do find my downloads to be quicker than with Pontes, but this does not offset the loss of being able to download playlists.

Warmest regards,

Dennis

Hi Denis, is great to hear from  you.  Yes, you can help.  What is the program you used to convert, where do  you get it and where do the files go?  Thanks for responding!!!

Hello Dan,

It seems that Pontes Media downloader is now being blocked by youtube. At first it appeared to be in just a few geographic regions, but it is now pretty universal. I just posted a method for downloading mp3 or mp4 files from youtube, and it works well. Let me know if I can help.

Best,

Dennis

Greetings, Media pontest media downloader is not converting my files from youtube or putting them in the folder designated.  Is anyone else having that problem.  I have uninstalled version two and reinstalled it a few times.  Then I tried version 3.0 and neither one is working.  Does anyone have ideas how to get it working again or another accessible conversion program?  Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas to all.

Dennis Clark

Hello Gene,

I wasn't aware of that, but it is a good point. I must confess that my view of Microsoft has changed during the past few years, so where I can find a non Microsoft alternative I move in that direction. I have begun using Brave during the past month and I really like it. Give me a call when you're ready to talk!

On 12/17/2021 7:14 AM, Gene wrote:

Gene

Hello Dan,

www.yt5s.com

Example:

Warmest regards,

Dennis

Hello Dan,

Best,

Dennis

Gene

Gene

Hello Dan,

www.yt5s.com

Example:

Warmest regards,

Dennis

Hello Dan,

Best,

Dennis

Dennis Clark

Hello Dan,

www.yt5s.com

Example:

Warmest regards,

Dennis

From: chat@nvda.groups.io <chat@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dennis Clark

Hello Dan,

Best,

Dennis

Jim Doherty <jimdoherty468@...>

Jean, thank you for that info, job done.

Jim

On 17/12/2021 14:00, Gene wrote:

You can control punctuation in the speech settings dialog.  The shortcut command to open it is NVDA key control v.  You can also control them with the command NVDA key plus the letter p.  You will cycle through various punctuation levels.  I  believe the default is some.  If you set punctuation to none, you won’t hear any punctuation.

Gene
Sent: Friday, December 17, 2021 7:47 AM
Subject: [chat] Punctuation

Hello,

Can I stop NVDA from announcing symbols like right bracket and left
bracket and other symbols that appear in the header of emails?

I've looked in NVDA settings but can't find any where to turn
Punctuation off,.

any help appreciated.

Thanks

Jim

Re: strange behaviour on google doc with nvda

Dave Grossoehme

It sounds like this counter is starting at 0.  In which case this would be correct.  If you ask for the first paragraph the counter is at 0.  If you ask for the second paragraph the counter is at 1.  If you ask for the 3rd paragraph the counter is at 2, in which case you would be reading the 2nd paragraph instead of the 3rd paragraph.  Has anyone looked at the paragraph counter for the nvda counter for the program or application you are reading from?  I have seen this happen in older computer coding such as the c language.

Dave

On 12/11/2021 11:20 AM, farhan israk wrote:

I use windows 10 21h2, nvda 2021.3 and google chrome latest. I use google doc. Sometimes, I notice strange behavior. If I try to read a paragraph, sometimes nvda does not change focus as it is expected. For example, I want to read the third paragraph. if I navigate paragraph by paragraph, nvda reads the second paragraph instead of the third paragraph. The performance of my computer is smooth. it does not hang. I even checked the changing window that time. it changes immediately. Sometimes, if I delete a character, nvda does not announce the deleted character. actually sometimes it announces and sometimes it does not announce anything during deleting characters. How can I fix them? Both screen reader and braille support are enabled. I do not have any brail device.

Gene

You can control punctuation in the speech settings dialog.  The shortcut command to open it is NVDA key control v.  You can also control them with the command NVDA key plus the letter p.  You will cycle through various punctuation levels.  I  believe the default is some.  If you set punctuation to none, you won’t hear any punctuation.

Gene

Sent: Friday, December 17, 2021 7:47 AM
Subject: [chat] Punctuation

Hello,

Can I stop NVDA from announcing symbols like right bracket and left
bracket and other symbols that appear in the header of emails?

I've looked in NVDA settings but can't find any where to turn
Punctuation off,.

any help appreciated.

Thanks

Jim

Punctuation

Jim Doherty <jimdoherty468@...>

Hello,

Can I stop NVDA from announcing symbols like right bracket and left bracket and other symbols that appear in the header of emails?

I've looked in NVDA settings but can't find any where to turn Punctuation off,.

any help appreciated.

Thanks

Jim

Gene

It is important to know about the f6 command.  It is not specific to any browser and it is actually a Windows command.  Many windows are divided into sections, called panes.  A window might have a tool bar in a pane and the main window is in another pane.  Pressing f6 moves you from pane to pane.  In Thunderbird, using f6 moves you from the folders treeview to the mailbox you have selected in the treeview.  It skips all the other items you might tab through if they are set to be shown in the program.

In Audacity, an audio recorder, f6, when used repeatedly, will move you to various structures such as tool bars you may want to work with and and to the main window if you have left it by pressing f6. 

Gene

Sent: Thursday, December 16, 2021 11:59 PM

Is that f6 command specific to your particular browser?

On Dec 16, 2021, at 10:41 AM, Dennis Clark <dennis@...> wrote:

Hello,

One download solution which works quite well is the following.

While on the youtube page for the video you wish to download, press F6 to get to the URL link for the page.

You will see something like this.

https://www.youtube.com/...

Next insert the 2 characters 5s after the word youtube and before the period in .com

example

https://www.youtube5s.com/...

Next press enter, and you will be taken to a website where this link has been pasted in for you.

The name of the video and so on will be presented on the page to confirm it is what you wanted.

Below that is a button which states  "get link."

Press that button, and in a few seconds a new link will appear that states, download.

press enter on the download link and you will be presented with the standard download file options where you can change the filename, file type and download folder destination.

It is pretty straightforward and works well and quickly.

Dennis

On 12/16/2021 7:42 AM, Eduardo Fermiano Luccas wrote:
hi friends, i would like an app or website, which downloads videos from youtube, without logging in, and without paying anything. merry christmas everyone

Rosemarie Chavarria

I’m wondering the same thing. I tried this method of downloading a song but it didn’t work.

Sent from Mail for Windows

Sent: Thursday, December 16, 2021 9:59 PM

Hello,

While on the youtube page for the video you wish to download, press F6 to get to the URL link for the page.

Next insert the 2 characters 5s after the word youtube and before the period in .com

example

Next press enter, and you will be taken to a website where this link has been pasted in for you.

The name of the video and so on will be presented on the page to confirm it is what you wanted.

Press that button, and in a few seconds a new link will appear that states, download.

press enter on the download link and you will be presented with the standard download file options where you can change the filename, file type and download folder destination.

Dennis

hi friends, i would like an app or website, which downloads videos from youtube, without logging in, and without paying anything. merry christmas everyone

Brian Tew

Hello,

example

Dennis

2321 - 2340 of 6311