Date   

Glad to see this subgroup

In every forum I've ever participated in there have been multiple times where people want to "talk to people they know" about something that's not germane to the main forum in question.  Trying to cut off these sorts of conversations never works, period, so having a place where they can occur, or be moved to if someone accidentally posts what was meant as a chat to the main forum is great!

It's always handy to have a place to ask cyber-friends and acquaintances random questions that your gut tells you that they might have the answer to.

Brian

Hello

christopher hallsworth <challsworth2@...>

Hello

Re: Hello

Enida Skaljo <enida.skaljo@...>

Hello

Test message.

Dana 21. 4. 2016. 08:28 osoba "Christopher Hallsworth" <challsworth2@...> napisala je:

Hello

Talking Dosbox

Hi,

I noticed that Talking Dosbox has been mentioned on the main NVDA users list, so I'm wondering...what exactly is this software? Does it really exist?

Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...>

hello

On 4/21/2016 2:27 AM, Christopher Hallsworth wrote:
Hello

--
sent from Mozilla Thunderbird email client

Re: Talking Dosbox

yes it does exist. it uses the asap screen reader to speak using NVDA in sleep mode as its synthesizer. and it works very well here on windows7 and windows10. you can get it from.

http://batsupport.com/unsupported/dosbox/

and i recommend this version of talking dosbox i use NVDA.

http://batsupport.com/unsupported/dosbox/talking_dosbox_Win3.1_Keynote_Keysoft.zip

with that one you get dos and windows3.1 with wordperfect already installed also on that page is lotus123 but i have not figured out how to install that one into talking dosbox. if you figure it out please let me know and pass along your pre-installed lotus123 please. thanks.

On 4/21/2016 6:53 AM, Supanut Leepaisomboon wrote:

Hi,

I noticed that Talking Dosbox has been mentioned on the main NVDA users list, so I'm wondering...what exactly is this software? Does it really exist?

-- 

Re: Talking Dosbox

Yes there is
there is a list at
talking-dosbox+subscribe@...
the author is at
guilevi2000@...
There are versions for nvda, and others, using com0com, you are able to make a vertual serial port with the vertual braille n speak emulator there is one for mbrola and a standard one and the right configs you can go and do things.
there is also a way to upload to the thing to
in fact here is my extra notes
dosbox stuff
Site: batsupport.com [176.9.155.71]
User: josh
Password: draktyid3

note you may have to ask the list or email the writer of this thing to see what all the info is now.
it uses a branch of dosbox called dosbox daum which from my understanding uses directx as its code base and has a few other features.

On 21/04/2016 10:53 p.m., Supanut Leepaisomboon wrote:
Hi,

David Moore <jesusloves1966@...>

Hi all,
This is David Moore, and I look forward to learning and chatting about NVDA and all that comes up in a less formal way. I look forward to a lot of learning and fun. Take care.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2016 7:50 AM
To: chat@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [chat] Hello

hello

Hello

--

David Moore <jesusloves1966@...>

Hi Chris,
I am saddened by the death of Prince, a great musician. He was only 57, and I am shocked. I am using NVDA on Facebook and Twitter to discuss this a lot.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2016 2:27 AM
Subject: [chat] Hello

Hello

yes me too.

On 4/21/2016 8:58 PM, David Moore wrote:
Hi all,
This is David Moore, and I look forward to learning and chatting about NVDA and all that comes up in a less formal way. I look forward to a lot of learning and fun. Take care.

-----Original Message----- From: Josh Kennedy
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2016 7:50 AM
Subject: Re: [chat] Hello

hello

Hello

--

christopher hallsworth <challsworth2@...>

Yeah not an age to die at all these days. Apparently he died of some kind of severe flu after being briefly hospitalized last week. So tragic.

On 22 Apr 2016, at 02:16, David Moore <jesusloves1966@...> wrote:

Hi Chris,
I am saddened by the death of Prince, a great musician. He was only 57, and I am shocked. I am using NVDA on Facebook and Twitter to discuss this a lot.

-----Original Message----- From: Christopher Hallsworth
Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2016 2:27 AM
Subject: [chat] Hello

Hello

eSight testimonials, suggestions, or comments

Robert mendoza <lowvisiontek@...>

i went off to search into a net and found this site about the device or eye wear called eSight for the visual impaired. Not sure how viable this type of device. Any comment, suggestion, or experience with this tool. Thanks.

Re: eSight testimonials, suggestions, or comments

Patrick Le Baudour

Hmm, the most explicit part about it is
http://www.esighteyewear.com/learn-more/how-does-esight-work

Seems it is basically an "augmented reality" device, preprocessing the images before they get to the eyes.
I guess it could be useful in some cases of low vision -not sure of how many that would be - but it doesn't sound like a huge breakthrough nor willt it do miracles like "letting the blind actually see" as their website says...

-- Patrick

Le 24/04/2016 à 00:55, Robert Mendoza a écrit :
i went off to search into a net and found this site about the
device or eye wear called eSight for the visual impaired. Not sure how
viable this type of device. Any comment, suggestion, or experience with
this tool. Thanks.

Re: eSight testimonials, suggestions, or comments

Robert Mendoza <lowvisiontek@...>

Patrick, indeed that you are right. But, for the low vision sighted person like mine could allow to have a chance to see again however, there service is just mainly cover in the Canada and USA  only. But, i guess it would take place to extend there service or shipped out to other country as well specially here in the Asian part. Though, they mentioned that I could book with them by visiting their office in Canada. Hmm. wish I could have a chance to go there but kinda

expensive and would need viable docs to provide them.

Robert Mendoza
On 5/1/2016 4:47 AM, Patrick Le Baudour wrote:

Hmm, the most  explicit part about it is
http://www.esighteyewear.com/learn-more/how-does-esight-work

Seems it is basically an "augmented reality" device, preprocessing the images before they get to the eyes.
I guess it could be useful in some cases of low vision -not sure of how many that would be -  but it doesn't sound like a huge breakthrough nor willt it do miracles like "letting the blind actually see" as their website says...

-- Patrick

Le 24/04/2016 à 00:55, Robert Mendoza a écrit :
    i went off to search into a net  and found this site about the
device or eye wear called eSight for the visual impaired. Not sure how
viable this type of device. Any comment, suggestion, or experience with
this tool. Thanks.

Good article to read about Steven Hawking

Worth to share this very inspiring articles that I've read while googling in the net earlier. Below is the site for the complete details and info:

https://www.powerofpositivity.com/stephen-hawkings-beautiful-message-for-anyone-with-depression/

-- 
Robert Mendoza

Re: Good article to read about Steven Hawking

Heaven Botma <ehlbotma@...>

Hi

Thank you for sharing this article. It is very inspiring. It just
makes one realise how fortunate one is and how much one can achieve
through determination and a positive attitude.

Regards

Heaven

On 5/11/16, Robert Mendoza <lowvisiontek@...> wrote:
Worth to share this very inspiring articles that I've read while
googling in the net earlier. Below is the site for the complete details
and info:

https://www.powerofpositivity.com/stephen-hawkings-beautiful-message-for-anyone-with-depression/

--
Robert Mendoza

Re: Good article to read about Steven Hawking

Hi, Heaven!

I've seen this man before in a series of national geographic channel here in Manila before I lost my sight. And, indeed it was very inspiring. He is into a field of physics and astronomy I believe he is also some author of some books and good professor as well. Undeniable to witness his creation about the research of the black hole which was mentioned in this sites.

Robert Mendoza
On 5/16/2016 1:26 PM, HBotma wrote:

Hi

Thank you for sharing this article.  It is very inspiring.  It just
makes one realise how fortunate one is and how much one can achieve
through determination and a positive attitude.

Regards

Heaven

On 5/11/16, Robert Mendoza <lowvisiontek@...> wrote:
Worth to share this very inspiring articles that I've read while
googling in the net earlier. Below is the site for the complete details
and info:

--
Robert Mendoza

Articles: Microsoft Cognitive - Seeing AI app

Problem facing in google-chrome

Narayan <krishnashree1221@...>

Hi group members, I am using google chrome with NVDA screen reader. but, i am facing a problem in this. from 2-3 days some contents are not displayed properly
in google chrome.I cannot navigate paragraphs in website using arrow keys correctly. if i navigate using tab, there only links are displayed. I cannot
access all the contents in the page using arrow keys. please help me providing solution. thanks in advance.

Shree

Re: Problem facing in google-chrome

Narayan <krishnashree1221@...>

and also i am having another problem. in google chrome navigation quick keys are not working properly. i don't know what is the exact reason. please help me providing good suggestion. thanks in advance.

On 1/1/2018 2:59 AM, Narayan wrote:
Hi group members, I am using google chrome with NVDA screen reader. but, i am facing a problem in this. from 2-3 days some contents are not displayed properly
in google chrome.I cannot navigate paragraphs in website using arrow keys correctly. if i navigate using tab, there only links are displayed. I cannot
access all the contents in the page using arrow keys. please help me providing solution. thanks in advance.

Shree

--
Shree

1 - 20 of 6590