A silly question on how to download an add-on from Github

Luke

Hi! I want to download the new updated version of Speech History that works for NVDA version 19.3.1 on Github. I am logged into my account. and I can’t figure it out lol. There is a download/clone button and when I press it the button expands and I go to download. However, the dialogue box that comes up says  the file type  it’s a compressed master zip file or something. That doesn’t sound right. I don’t think I want that. I know people post links straight to the file download but I want to see if I can download straight from the website myself.  I hope that made sense.  https://github.com/jscholes/nvda-speech-history

My understanding is that all add-ons on the "official page", including, Speech History, are already compliant with 2019.3.1.  But based on some of the information on that GitHub page, it looks like it isn't.

There is an open issue from February 14 saying that the current version is not compatible, and asking for an update.

I have downloaded the zip file and explored it thinking there had to be an NVDA add-on package file, which has the extension .nvda-addon, but I'll be darned if I can find it, and that's after searching the entire folder structure after unzipping it.  I have no idea where the actual add-on package file is.

Your question isn't silly.  What should be there for download isn't, at least not that I can find.  It doesn't seem to be resident elsewhere under the GitHub page for it, either.

The problem with values voting is that it completely puts to the side or totally obviates past performance, the effectiveness of policies proposed, intelligence and judgment — you know, the qualities that actually matter for someone who wants to lead the free world.

     ~ Zareh Delanchian

Luke

Hi! Thanks for checking for me.  The reason why I knew Speech History was updated was I saw a thread about it on the main NVDA groups IO list. There is a link with a .add on extension in the thread, but I thought I would just download straight from the source. And yes. I would normally just download from  the add ons project    page, like you said it doesn’t seem to be updated with the new version.

[...]

Chris

its under the releases section

https://github.com/jscholes/nvda-speech-history/releases/download/2020.2/speechHistory-2020.2.nvda-addon

i think thats the latest version so not sure where you were looking

Luke

Hi! Thanks! I found it and downloaded it. Now I know where to look in the future.