IELTS Exam - Challenges for those who are blind?

farhan israk

What challenges do blind people face in the IELTS exam?

For the readership, IELTS is the International English Language Testing System.

Their website:

IELTS Home of the IELTS English Language Test

The poor wish to be rich, the rich wish to be happy, the single wish to be married, and the married wish to be dead.

       ~ Ann Landers

From my experience 6 years ago, the biggest challenge is probably the reading part as that involves reading passages and then answering questions based on the passages (when I took the exam in 2015, I got the braille version of the exam questions). Reading was also the part that I got the lowest score, at 6.5.
But due to covid and possibly other changes between then and now I do not know whether they still do braille versions of the exam questions.