Sandbox Feature of Windows

On Sat, Nov 20, 2021 at 07:46 PM, David Mellor wrote:
The previous post made reference to VM and implied it's use for sandboxing and I was interested to ask
-
It also included "years ago" and "before VM."

Anything besides the actual thing asked about is not answering the original poster's question.  I'm fine with thread drift after the original query has been addressed, but not before.  And, I'll add, I should have mentioned Tim M, too.

Let's get back to answering the original query, first, before the topic goes wandering off in other directions or down memory lane.

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.

         ~ Harlan Ellison

David Mellor

Brian - The previous post made reference to VM and implied it's use for sandboxing and I was interested to ask

I think it's close enough to the original posts topic.

David

On Sat, Nov 20, 2021 at 03:11 PM, David Mellor wrote:
I thought I read that only the paid version of VM player provides total network isolation
-
I'm not sure where VM player entered the conversation, but it's not what's being asked about.  A sandbox app/feature was built straight into Windows 10 in editions other than Home.  The article originally referenced from HowToGeek, How to Use Windows 10’s New Sandbox (to Safely Test Apps), made this absolutely clear.

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.

         ~ Harlan Ellison

_._,_._,_

On Sat, Nov 20, 2021 at 03:11 PM, David Mellor wrote:
I thought I read that only the paid version of VM player provides total network isolation
-
I'm not sure where VM player entered the conversation, but it's not what's being asked about.  A sandbox app/feature was built straight into Windows 10 in editions other than Home.  The article originally referenced from HowToGeek, How to Use Windows 10’s New Sandbox (to Safely Test Apps), made this absolutely clear.

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.

         ~ Harlan Ellison

David Mellor

I thought I read that only the paid version of VM player provides total network isolation for a guest which would provide for a sandbox. With the version available a few years ago I recall both paid and unpaid version had this ability.
Does anyone know if this is true please?
Best wishes,
David

 Sent: 20 November 2021 19:38
To: chat@nvda.groups.io

Last time I used a sand box was  back in my netsys op days.

Thats before vm was so popular.

Tim M

Last time I used a sand box was  back in my netsys op days.

Thats before vm was so popular.

On 11/19/2021 2:23 PM, Sean wrote:

A tiny typo.
He/she talking about Sandbox.

On 19/11/2021 19:25, Brian Vogel wrote:
You're going to have to offer additional information.  I can't even find anything in a web search on "senbox" that would seem to be anything that is connected to your question.

What, exactly, is "senbox," and how would any potential assistant take a look at it?

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.

         ~ Harlan Ellison

Brian Tew

A rabit, a priest and a minister walk into a bar. Barkeep says, "What'll you have?"
Rabit says, "Nothing for me; I'm only here because of autocorrect."

Sean

A tiny typo.
He/she talking about Sandbox.

On 19/11/2021 19:25, Brian Vogel wrote:
You're going to have to offer additional information.  I can't even find anything in a web search on "senbox" that would seem to be anything that is connected to your question.

What, exactly, is "senbox," and how would any potential assistant take a look at it?

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.

         ~ Harlan Ellison

Farhan,

Thanks for the clarification.  What you mean is the Windows Sandbox feature, and in this case the typo in your subject and original message was enough that I could not do the "instant self-correct" to come up with what you were referring to.

I don't use it, so can't answer, but I have retitled this topic so that it's abundantly clear what you're asking about and maybe someone who is using that feature with NVDA can chime in about doing so.

And, again, I thank you for asking this question in the Chat Subgroup.  You clearly realized that it is about Windows Sandbox that you happen to be using NVDA to access.

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.

         ~ Harlan Ellison

farhan israk

It works like virtual machine. YOU can test software. Once you close it, whatever you have done everything will be deleted. Here is more information: https://www.howtogeek.com/399290/how-to-use-windows-10s-new-sandbox-to-safely-test-apps/

On Fri, 19 Nov 2021, 10:25 pm Brian Vogel, <britechguy@...> wrote:
You're going to have to offer additional information.  I can't even find anything in a web search on "senbox" that would seem to be anything that is connected to your question.

What, exactly, is "senbox," and how would any potential assistant take a look at it?

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.

         ~ Harlan Ellison

You're going to have to offer additional information.  I can't even find anything in a web search on "senbox" that would seem to be anything that is connected to your question.

What, exactly, is "senbox," and how would any potential assistant take a look at it?

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.

         ~ Harlan Ellison

farhan israk

I use Windows 10 21h2 and nvda 2021.2. How can I use windows senbox with screen reader? If I open it, the screen reader does not announce anything. I cannot even close it with a screen reader.