changing page and font size on google doc

farhan israk

I am using windows 10 21h2, nvda 2021.2 and google chrome Version 96.0.4664.45 (Official Build) (64-bit). I use google doc. I cannot change the font size. I press insert + f to check font size and other formatting staff. If I press that keystroke after changing the font size, nvda announces the previous font size. It does not announce a new font size after changing it. I also cannot change page. If I press ctrl + page down, chrome switches to another opened tab.

Sascha Cowley

You cannot use NVDA+F to announce font attributes in Google Docs, due to the way it has been developed as a web app. The keyboard shortcut to use in docs is Alt+Ctrl+A then Alt+Ctrl+F. Have a look at ehe Accessibility menu (Alt+Shift+A) for more accessibility features of Docs, such as jumping between headings, announcing comments etc (unfortunately some of these shortcuts conflict with the NVDA shortcut key that you may use, Alt+Ctrl+N).
To move among pages, just use page up and down without Ctrl. As you have discovered Ctrl+Pgup and Ctrl+Pgdown are standard hotkeys for switching among tabs in tabbed applications.

farhan israk

Thank you. I have also tried to change page pressing page up or down. It does not work.