free covid tests from us gov

Don H

So has anyone received there free covid test kits from the U'S Government?
On the news yesterday if those test kits were exposed to cold weather temps during delivery they may be useless.

I haven't received the ones I ordered the very night ordering came online.

Not surprised, though, and not because "it's the government" but because even the government can't solve the extreme demand coupled with the supply chain issues endemic to these times we're living in.  They can order as many of these things as they want, and intend to hand them out the moment they have them, but the makers of these kits must have the raw materials first, and many just don't.

Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.

        ~ Mark Twain

Stan Bobbitt

I place my order on the 19th of January and have received nothing as of today.

StanB

I haven't received the ones I ordered the very night ordering came online.

Not surprised, though, and not because "it's the government" but because even the government can't solve the extreme demand coupled with the supply chain issues endemic to these times we're living in.  They can order as many of these things as they want, and intend to hand them out the moment they have them, but the makers of these kits must have the raw materials first, and many just don't.

Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.

        ~ Mark Twain

Marilyn and Don Bilderback

We signed up, got a confirmation, then an email saying the package would be here by Friday 9:00 pm

Today we got a notice that the kits would be here today by 9:00 pm I thought the communication was fast and being the government....a surprise. We first signed up on January 18.
Marilyn

So has anyone received there free covid test kits from the U'S Government?
On the news yesterday if those test kits were exposed to cold weather temps during delivery they may be useless.

Stephen W. Wise

Hi,

    One issue that is occurring here in my city is the theft of said test kits. Someone posted on NextDoor that their test kits were delivered while they were at work through a notification from Informed Delivery with USPS. When they came home, the test kits weren't there. They are hard to find in my area so I am not surprised that there is a black market for these. It's really sad that people would go to this level just to make a profit or to use something that doesn't belong to them.

Stephen

On 2/9/2022 3:16 PM, Marilyn and Don Bilderback wrote:
We signed up, got a confirmation, then an email saying the package would be here by Friday 9:00 pm

Today we got a notice that the kits would be here today by 9:00 pm I thought the communication was fast and being the government....a surprise. We first signed up on January 18.
Marilyn

So has anyone received there free covid test kits from the U'S Government?
On the news yesterday if those test kits were exposed to cold weather temps during delivery they may be useless.

Marilyn and Don Bilderback

We received our Covid test kits in the mail today at about 1:00. Exactly eight hours before the deadline.

We have group mailboxes that lock with a key. Thanks though for the warning about theft.
Marilyn

So has anyone received there free covid test kits from the U'S Government?
On the news yesterday if those test kits were exposed to cold weather temps during delivery they may be useless.

Up late watching the Olympics and I just got an email from the USPS saying that the Covid tests would be delivered by Tuesday, February 15th.

Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.

        ~ Mark Twain

Marilyn and Don Bilderback

Just in case anyone wanted to know, the paperwork with the test kits says made in China

Isn’t that a kick in the behind?

Marilyn

Up late watching the Olympics and I just got an email from the USPS saying that the Covid tests would be delivered by Tuesday, February 15th.

Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.

        ~ Mark Twain

Don H

Got my test kits today and sure enough their made in China.