Topics

Current status of Dictation Bridge?

I am super disappointed that Dictation Bridge hasn't been updated for the latest NVDA.  In fact, I hesitate to donate because it looks like the project hasn't been active for a while. Does anyone know anything about the current status?

I'm having hand surgery in March so previously though I just played with speech recognition, I'm going to have to depend on it in the future. I just created a new profile this morning before updating to the latest NVDA because I knew dictation bridge would stop working, and it has. I've removed the add-on.

It appears that it has been approximately a year since there was any real activity on the Dictation Bridge add-on, and it has its own Github page.  If you want to get word "direct to the source" about whether or not there is an anticipated update to make it compatible with NVDA 2019.3 (and onward) then go to the Github Issues Page for Dictation Bridge and create an issue.   If you don't have a Github account, see:  Creating a Github Account

A single Github account identifies you, and can be used for any project be it NVDA itself, the Dictation Bridge Add-On, or any other project that manages its development via Github.

There also appears to be a Groups.io group for discussing Dictation Bridge, though the membership is small and it's not overly active:  https://groups.io/g/dictationbridge

The problem with values voting is that it completely puts to the side or totally obviates past performance, the effectiveness of policies proposed, intelligence and judgment — you know, the qualities that actually matter for someone who wants to lead the free world.

     ~ Zareh Delanchian

Kwork

What is dictation bridge?

Travis