Topics

eM Client Email Client

For those looking for a new e-mail client, I am now really suggesting that folks consider eM Client.   The free version only allows 2 e-mail accounts, but for a great many that's more than enough.  The Pro version allows unlimited accounts, and is currently selling for $49.95, and it's got other features the free version doesn't as well.

I have never seen something that integrates so seamlessly with Gmail.  Once you set up your account it will automatically synchronize not only your email, but calendar, contacts, and tasks.   From what I've tested so far it appears to be entirely accessible, with the exception of ease of rearranging columns, which is by drag and drop, and I haven't tried to do the emulated version, which I always find to be a PITA.

I would imagine that it will be equally seamless with other services using IMAP and, possibly, Exchange (I have no Exchange-based accounts).

Well worth exploring, and additional feedback on accessibility would be most useful and welcome.

The problem with values voting is that it completely puts to the side or totally obviates past performance, the effectiveness of policies proposed, intelligence and judgment — you know, the qualities that actually matter for someone who wants to lead the free world.

     ~ Zareh Delanchian

Just found that they have a columns control dialog you can get to, where applicable, by activating the Main menu button (ALT), choosing View (V), Columns (C) which brings up the Columns chooser/arranger dialog.  You can add or remove columns and in the right hand column showing the actual displayed columns, you can select any one and use the up/down button to rearrange that column above (to the left) or below (to the right) of others.

The problem with values voting is that it completely puts to the side or totally obviates past performance, the effectiveness of policies proposed, intelligence and judgment — you know, the qualities that actually matter for someone who wants to lead the free world.

     ~ Zareh Delanchian

There are now reports of some unlabeled buttons.  Two of those are the Add Account button and Make Default Account button in Account management.

I have written to the folks at eM Client asking if there is a direct contact regarding accessibility issues, and will report back on what I hear from therm.

The problem with values voting is that it completely puts to the side or totally obviates past performance, the effectiveness of policies proposed, intelligence and judgment — you know, the qualities that actually matter for someone who wants to lead the free world.

     ~ Zareh Delanchian

Kevin Cussick

Hi, thanks for this Brian, tried importing from thunderbird but nothing seems to read. will play to morrow as it is getting a bit late need to take dog out feed pets and so on catch You later and thanks for all You do.

--
Brian *-*Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363
*/The problem with values voting is that it completely puts to the side or totally obviates past performance, the effectiveness of policies proposed, intelligence and judgment — you know, the qualities that actually matter for someone who wants to lead the free world./*
     ~ Zareh Delanchian

Kevin,

          Do report back.  I'm not certain what you mean, precisely, by "nothing seems to read."   I can say that if you have a huge number of messages and/or calendar entries, etc., it can take quite a while for the initial synchronization to occur.  What's being imported from T-bird is the account information, but not the data (or at least not if you're using IMAP access) so eM (or any email client) will take however long it takes to sync all the e-mail message headers for your account along with the message bodies for whatever it considers to be "recent" email messages.  I was able to begin navigating before that was complete, but it took a bit for the initial batch of messages to show up on initial startup.  After that, everything's been pretty much "instantaneous."

The problem with values voting is that it completely puts to the side or totally obviates past performance, the effectiveness of policies proposed, intelligence and judgment — you know, the qualities that actually matter for someone who wants to lead the free world.

     ~ Zareh Delanchian

Kevin Cussick

Hi, OK to be fare I did not give it much of a chance.. I went to import hit enter and then heard just button button button cancel and that was it then I gave up it is getting to late to be messing with it now. will play to morrow again thanks for Your ideas and help that You give freely.

On 17/04/2020 23:09, Brian Vogel wrote:
[...]

         I posted this recommendation on the Windows 10 for Screen Reader Users group as well, in a topic also named: eM Client Email Client.

         If you're not a member there, and don't want to become one, please keep checking back on that topic via the link above, since the archive is viewable by the public.  There's no way I can (or want to) keep copying and pasting between that topic and this one as various splashes of water pass under each of the proverbial bridges.