Issues charging braille display

Samuel Villa

Good morning list,

I am having problems charging my 5th generation Focus 40 blue braille display. When I plug it in to the AC adapter on the wall, it charges up to a certain point and then stops. I try to continue keeping it plugged in to the wall outlet and even try charging using USB, but to no avail. Any thoughts on this would be great. Thanks.

Brian Tew

What percent does it charge to? Did it fully charge before?
Have you tried a different cable and socket?
I get good results emailing vispero.

I would definitely contact Vispero.  But do remember that as lithium ion batteries age, they will hold less charge.  And if the calibration on what percent charged is based on what it could hold when new, you will often see maximum charge levels of under 100%, but we're not talking 50%, but a slow creeping down the 90s.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 20H2, Build 19042

The poor wish to be rich, the rich wish to be happy, the single wish to be married, and the married wish to be dead.

~ Ann Landers

Samuel Villa

It started charging until, like, 93% and then went down to 89%, 88%, 84%, and now 62%. I have no direct access to another cable at the moment and I do not know if it will work. I will try emailing vispero soon.

On 4/2/2021 12:48 PM, Brian Tew wrote:
What percent does it charge to? Did it fully charge before?
Have you tried a different cable and socket?
I get good results emailing vispero.

Luke Davis

By "then went down" do you mean in one session, or each time you charged it it had a lower maximum?
If the latter, over how long a period?

It definitely sounds like battery fatigue.

However, if there is a way to reset the charging electronics, as can be done with HP and Apple laptops, that might help.

The manufacturer will know how to do that.

Luke

On Fri, 2 Apr 2021, Samuel Villa wrote:

It started charging until, like, 93% and then went down to 89%, 88%, 84%, and now 62%. I have no direct access to another cable at the moment and I do not
know if it will work. I will try emailing vispero soon.

Samuel Villa

I can not tell the time period, but every time I charge it it has a lower maximum. I have to constently keep it plugged in afraid it might die on me one day.

On 4/2/2021 6:22 PM, Luke Davis wrote:
By "then went down" do you mean in one session, or each time you charged it it had a lower maximum?
If the latter, over how long a period?

It definitely sounds like battery fatigue.

However, if there is a way to reset the charging electronics, as can be done with HP and Apple laptops, that might help.

The manufacturer will know how to do that.

Luke

On Fri, 2 Apr 2021, Samuel Villa wrote:

It started charging until, like, 93% and then went down to 89%, 88%, 84%, and now 62%. I have no direct access to another cable at the moment and I do not
know if it will work. I will try emailing vispero soon.