Use SDL trados with NVDA

Rowen Cary

Hi all!

Thank you very much to the friends of this Groups.
I want to know whether NVDA can be used with SDL trados?
I have a friend who is studying translation major. According to him, NVDA cannot read the menu in trados.
Sorry, I may not know more detailed information yet.

Thanks

Rowen,

         For the record, questions about whether a given piece of software is accessible via NVDA is perfectly acceptable on the main group, and you are likely to get more people seeing the question there.  There could potentially be someone else who uses it who may not be a member of the Chat Subgroup.

          Questions about how to use SDL Trados itself are best asked here, as they're about that software.  I always ask people to think about whether they expect an answer to teach them anything new about NVDA or even discuss an NVDA command they don't already know.  If the answer to that is, "No," then what you're asking about is the software NVDA's being used to access, not NVDA.

The poor wish to be rich, the rich wish to be happy, the single wish to be married, and the married wish to be dead.

       ~ Ann Landers

Rowen,

          By the way:

SDL Trados Studio—free translation software trial

Even if someone says it's accessible, it always makes sense to play with something directly, and for as long as possible, before deciding if it's "accessible in the way I need it to be."

The poor wish to be rich, the rich wish to be happy, the single wish to be married, and the married wish to be dead.

       ~ Ann Landers

Sean

hey Brian , Your signature sentence is very good.

On 30/03/2021 17:14, Brian Vogel wrote:
Rowen,

          By the way:

SDL Trados Studio—free translation software trial

Even if someone says it's accessible, it always makes sense to play with something directly, and for as long as possible, before deciding if it's "accessible in the way I need it to be."

The poor wish to be rich, the rich wish to be happy, the single wish to be married, and the married wish to be dead.

       ~ Ann Landers

Rowen Cary

HI Brian!

What you said makes sense.
I will ask again there, thank you for your reply. In addition, your signature is very good.

Cheers

Quentin Christensen

Also, when asking about a piece of software, if you could provide a link to it, that always helps.  Searching for SDL Trados finds https://www.sdltrados.com/ as the first result, so I assume that's the one, but it's not always so simple to find the right thing.

All the best

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen