Re: Delayed descriptions for characters on cursor movement - sluggish

Gerardo Corripio <gera1027@...>

How exciting! In what nVDA version is this found? And where would one turn it on/off?

Gera
Enviado desde mi iPhone SE (2nd Generation) de Telcel

El 11 oct 2022, a la(s) 5:46 p.m., Daniel McGee <danielmcgee134@...> escribi├│:

´╗┐Hi everyone

Delayed descriptions for characters on cursor movement

First off, the good. I absolutely love this feature! As I am hearing impaired, it becomes a life saver for me when I am trying to differentiate between the letters: M and N or: F and S.

The bad. Not sure why but when I am moving through text by characters or words, at least for me I am finding quite a bit of sluggishness. So sadly, I turn off when I don't need to check a frenetic character out but ideally would love to just leave the feature on. Has anyone else notice the sluggishness when using this feature?

I completely understand that this is a 1.0 feature and trust it will improve over time.

I know, a slight delay exists between the character being announced, followed by it's synthetic letter alpha-beck word. However, when I use Jaws, you can move around a document till the cows come home and there is no lag when doing so. I just wanted to point out this comparison, as constructive feedback. Otherwise, an excellent implementation to the developers and all involved in bringing this feature built right into NVDA.

Regards

Daniel

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.