From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of ?????? ??????
Sent: 22 September 2022 18:53
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Duxbury braille translator and NVDA: any addon or anyone have successfully use this software fully with NVDA?

Hi!

Since DBT 12.5, they made major improvements to improve accessibility with NVDA (mostly because of supporting UI automation). Now I have DBT 12.6 purchased and used with NVDA.

Basically it works quite fine, especially comparing with previous versions. No chaotic cursor jumping, no problems with braille tables, as I can now use Braille Unicode for output, etc. I have no problems when reading, selecting and navigating text. I also succeed in reading codes, although it's still not possible to explore it with cursor (we can only move to the first character of the code). The status bar with information is also available.

The only problem I've encountered so far is following: when both print and braille documents are opened at the same time, the status bar shows incorrect cursor position, both line number and page number is shown wrong. The problem is solved when exiting a print document (after translation to braille, of course). I've reported it to Duxbury Systems, hopefully it will be fixed.

I cannot call myself a professional and advanced braille transcriber, but for now I like the way DBT works with NVDA, at least according to my use cases. If someone finds a feature that is not accessible in DBT 12.6 with NVDA, I will be interested to know about this.

Thanks,
Andrey