Re: speak at sign in screen

Sascha Cowley

I have sometimes found that, if you use Narrator to complete a Windows10/11 install, it has a tendency to start at the logon screen, even if you told it not to. If you use NVDA's default voice, NVDA and Narrator can sound remarkably similar at the logon screen, given the NVDA start-up chimes are not played. My suggestion would be to try disabling (or enabling then disabling) Narrator from starting at the logon screen.
The setting to control this can be found in system settings (Win+I), Accessibility, Narrator (which is in the Vision group). You'll need to expand the Show All Settings button, which will then present a "Start Narrator before sign-in" checkbox.