Re: In-Process is out

Jackie

Perhaps it might be a good idea to create a .reg file that folks can
just download & use? Caution them to only download it from the NVDA
site, of course. I get nervous as a cat in a room full of rocking
chairs when folks who aren't well versed in doing so try registry
modifications unassisted. Things can go extremely pear-shaped very
very quickly.

Brian,

Thanks for the help for William on this one - I must admit, I just copied
those steps from a previous recommendation we had put up with another
security fix related to the lock screen. I had a lot of content this week
(and already a few items held over for the next post) so I didn't analyse
those steps as closely as I might have another time. I did note that the
steps weren't as fully written as I would have with every keystroke,
although being the registry, my original thought was that people should
know what they are doing before going in and editing it - but then again
maybe that is just more reason why the steps should be provided in full as
well...

Quentin.

On Thu, Oct 20, 2022 at 12:01 PM Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

By the way, I have yet to encounter any Windows 10 machine *in its
default state* that will have a Personalization subkey under the Registry
Key, Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows.

Count on having to follow my previously noted steps to create it and set
its value to 1.
--

Brian - Virginia, USA - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 22H2, Build 19045

*There are many people who can only make themselves feel better about
themselves by making themselves feel better than others. *

~ Commenter *Looking_in* on the *Washington Post*, 7/10/2014

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Web: www.nvaccess.org

Jackie McBride
Be a hero. Fight Scams. Learn how at www.scam911.org
Also check out brightstarsweb.com & mysitesbeenhacked.com