Re: SpeaKey: small addon for people who are learning the use of the keyboard or with hand problems

Simone Dal Maso

Il 21/10/2022 10:59, Eduardo Fermiano Luccas ha scritto:
please correct me if i'm wrong but can't this be done by pressing NVDA+1?
Please, read the entire message.
everything is explained there. If you press the key a second time, it is passed to application!
Thank you!
Em sex., 21 de out. de 2022 às 04:27, Simone Dal Maso <simone.dalmaso@... <mailto:simone.dalmaso@...>> escreveu:
Hello,
this is a short message to inform you of the existence of a new little
addon.
It was made for some particular cases, so we are aware that no many
users will install it, but there are lots of people with many kinds of
difficulties and disabilites.
Thanks to the excellent work of Alberto Zanella, SpeaKey was born.
This add-on adds a keyboard shortcut (Control + Escape) that activates
the repeated key reading mode.
When the repeat key reading mode is active, NVDA will announce any key
when pressed once. If you press it a second time, the key is passed to
the application, you will hear a confirmation beep.
This add-on is useful for people who are learning the keyboard and are
not completely confident when the key is pressed.
We also found it useful for this feature to extend to the functions
of NVDA.
So for example, if I press nvda-t, we will first hear what that
function
does and just by pressing it twice NVDA will read us the title of the
window.
If you know people who can benefit from this particular use of the
keyboard, please let them know!
Two useful links. The first, the one to download the component.
https://github.com/albzan/SpeaKey/releases/download/1.0/SpeaKey-1.0.nvda-addon <https://github.com/albzan/SpeaKey/releases/download/1.0/SpeaKey-1.0.nvda-addon>
The second, the project page on Github:
https://github.com/albzan/SpeaKey <https://github.com/albzan/SpeaKey>
Hope this can help someone!