Re: Lite version of Outlook.com

When I went into the general setting > lite version I can't even tick the check box; as the check box appears to have been disabled.

I don't know why Microsoft would force people on a modern browser to use the full version; Google's Gmail offers a basic version on all browsers, even on modern ones. And abandoning Outlook.com entirely is not an option as I have to maintain my Office365 subscription. But using Thunderbird, however, is a possibility, the only downside is that it doesn't sync the addressbook with Outlook.com and as of yet I still don't know how to do that in Thunderbird.