Re: Deploying NVDA, seeing Windows 10 UAC block functionality

Jackie

Aaron, this sounds like NVDA is being run as a program
w/administrative privileges, which, of course, it shouldn't.

So let me ask you--did NVDA actually install to the desktop or no?

On 10/26/22, acasper@... <acasper@...> wrote:
Good Afternoon,

I've been tasked with deploying NVDA to a VDI [Virtual Desktop
Infrastructure]  environment, which runs Windows 10.

While the NVDA portable install seems to work fine for me (the person with
admin rights), no other user can run it.  The application is blocked by
Windows UAC.

The error found in the event logs is as follows:
The process failed to handle ERROR_ELEVATION_REQUIRED during the creation of
a child process.

This seems to indicate that NVDA is trying to elevate itself without
permissions.

Can someone clarify why this might happen, and what steps we can take to
enable use of this tool?  We cannot disable UAC or limit it's current
functionality due to security policies.

Thank you,

Aaron Casper

--
Jackie McBride
Be a hero. Fight Scams. Learn how at www.scam911.org
Also check out brightstarsweb.com & mysitesbeenhacked.com