Re: Deploying NVDA, seeing Windows 10 UAC block functionality
Here's from the NVDA user guide:toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
3.1. Portable and Temporary Copy Restrictions
Apart from the inability to automatically start during and/or after
log-on, the portable and temporary copies of NVDA also have the
• The inability to interact with applications running with
administrative privileges, unless of course NVDA itself has been run
also with these privileges (not recommended).
• The inability to read User Account Control (UAC) screens when trying
to start an application with administrative privileges.
• Windows 8 and later: the inability to support input from a touchscreen.
• Windows 8 and later: the inability to provide features such as
browse mode and speaking of typed characters in Windows Store apps.
• Windows 8 and later: audio ducking is not supported.
Out of curiosity, where did you install the portable version to?
On 10/26/22, Jackie McBride <abletec@...> wrote:
Aaron, this sounds like NVDA is being run as a program
Be a hero. Fight Scams. Learn how at www.scam911.org
Also check out brightstarsweb.com & mysitesbeenhacked.com