Re: Deploying NVDA, seeing Windows 10 UAC block functionality

Jackie

Brian, This has gotten split into 2 threads. Could you possibly please
merge them?

On Wed, Oct 26, 2022 at 08:18 PM, Aaron Casper wrote:

I used the portable installer, unless I misunderstood,  it does not
install but is unpacked and then ready to use.
-
I'll split hairs for clarity:  You used the NVDA installer to create a
portable version which, as you noted, is not installed because no registry
entries are made.  All of the bits and bobs NVDA needs to use are unpacked
into the folder of your choosing (which can be on the system drive, but that
still doesn't make it installed) and everything it needs to run is contained
there.

I honestly have no idea why you'd get any UIA warning for NVDA, portable or
installed, unless you were requesting that it be active on the login screen,
and that's supported under Windows unless some specialty blocking has been
imposed by your IT department.

But this could also be a complication of VDI, which I don't know enough
about to comment about further.

I would try actually installing if you have that option to see if that makes
any difference.
--

Brian - Virginia, USA - Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 22H2, Build 19045

*There are many people who can only make themselves feel better about
themselves by making themselves feel better than others.*

~ Commenter Looking_in on the Washington Post , 7/10/2014

--
Jackie McBride
Be a hero. Fight Scams. Learn how at www.scam911.org
Also check out brightstarsweb.com & mysitesbeenhacked.com