Re: in search of a fast browser for windows 10

Sometimes emails may lock in thunderbird, pages may not fully load in firefox, and sometimes things just don't work,
Its a connection issue it happens from time to time on my wireless.

On 18/03/2016 12:20 p.m., Gene wrote:
Also, no one has brought up the possibility that there may be a connection problem and that pages are loading more slowly. You can try running a test of the cconnection speed but you can likely determine if there is a problem with the connection by starting a download from a site that is reliably fast and checking the download statistics during the download to see if they are much slower than usual and how much slower they are. Depending on the size of the file, you don't have to download the entire file; you can cancel the download. But if the speed is much much slower, there may be a problem with the connection.

It is far too early to reach any conclusions about what the problem may be. But if Internet Explorer and Firefox were getting slower in general, we would see complaint after complaint from user after user.

From: Gene
Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2016 6:09 PM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] in search of a fast browser for windows 10

The problem may have nothing to do with the browsers. You may have malware that is slowing things down or perhaps there is another reason I may not have knowledge to discuss. Just trying different browsers may not make a meaningful difference and may delay you looking into what may be the underlying problem.