Re: Unable To Display Status Bar IN Latest Thunderbird Version 102.1.1

Roger Stewart

I must be missing something here. I'm seeing all these messages saying the status bar problem has been fixed but I haven't been able to use it for quite a while now.I just updated to 102.4.1 and I still can't find status bar with NVDA at all.  The progress beeps did come back very quickly but for me, the status bar just isn't there. I checked in the view menu and status bar is checked so if it were there, NVDA should be able to see it but it isn't.  I'm using latest stable version of NVDA and Win 10 with latest updates installed.

Roger

On 10/29/2022 11:56 AM, Gene wrote:

I was responding to Sarah because even if she is right about many developers, Thunderbird developers have shown themselves responsive.

If developers are unresponsive, it would probably be a waste of time, but in cases where companies repeatedly release new versions of software with serious accessibility problems, then solve them once they are pointed out, I wonder if there are blind people beta testing or testing earlier releases so the company might address the problems before release.

Gene
On 10/29/2022 11:18 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Sat, Oct 29, 2022 at 11:43 AM, Gene wrote:
But I'm talking specifically about Thunderbird.
-
So what?

What I brought up applies to Thunderbird or any other piece of software.   Accessibility testing is best accomplished in real-world conditions, so getting blind beta testers out there who are casual users, not people who test for money, and way more of them would be a very good thing indeed.  And that involves just taking it upon yourself to grab betas of things you use, use 'em, and report issues, regardless of product.
--

Brian Virginia, USA  Windows 10, 64-Bit, Version 22H2, Build 19045

There are many people who can only make themselves feel better about themselves by making themselves feel better than others.

    ~ Commenter Looking_in on the Washington Post, 7/10/2014