Re: Win10 start menu search box keeps saying "suggestions are available"

Sarah k Alawami

Windows F is your friend.  No, I really mean that, leave feedback for the Microsoft team, then leave a link here, and we can upvoat and put our own comments if applicable. I might do this, or at least search for it later after work.

------

Sarah Alawami: owner of flying blind.  Read my story at http://flyingblind.us.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Arlene
Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2022 10:25 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Win10 start menu search box keeps saying "suggestions are available"

I agree, I wish that can be turned off if you don’t want that announcement. There should be that option for both windows ten and eleven.  I don’t see anything wrong with it. But there should be an option to have that turned off or left on. 

Sent from Mail for Windows

Sent: November 17, 2022 9:07 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Win10 start menu search box keeps saying "suggestions are available"

Yes I am.

Its on all the systems I have.

I know that it was discussed for win11 but some features are making it into win10 updates.

Would be nice if that could be turned off or made into another tone or somethhing.

On 18/11/2022 5:39 pm, Luke Robinett wrote:

Hi,

I’m on the latest version of NVDA and using Windows 10 Home. As of the past couple days, every time I invoke the start menu and start typing an application’s name, NVDA announces “suggestions are available,” cutting off the announcement of the actual app’s name. I’m guessing this is because of a recent NVDA update, Windows update or a combination of both, but I’m not sure. Is anyone else experiencing this and is there a way to make it stop? I’m well aware that when I type into the start menu it will show suggestions. I don’t need NVDA telling me that every time. Lol. Thanks.

Luke

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.