Re: [Nvda and custom lists in Excel

Cearbhall O'Meadhra

Calling all you Excel experts!

I would like to insert a custom list into a range of cells in Excel 2010 running on windows 10 with NVDA 2016.1.

I can make a custom list and save it under the Advanced tab where I can see the new custom list fine. However, when I go to the spot where I want to insert the custom list, I first type the first element from the list in the starting cell and highlight the rest of the cells to be filled in. I then press alt>h>f>i>s and hit OK but nothing happens!  This key combination works fine if I am filling down a column of cells with numbers so that part fo the function is working. Can anyone advise me what to do? Is there some other way to copy in a custom list/ The manuals say to use the fill handle. Is the key combination that I describe here not the same as using the fill handle?

All ideas welcome, please.

All the best,

Cearbhall

m +353 (0)833323487 Ph: _353 (0)1-2864623 e: cearbhall.omeadhra@...

I use the free version of Spam Reader to get rid of spam. The Professional version doesn't have this disclaimer in outgoing emails. Try Spam Reader for free now!

Sent: Thursday, March 17, 2016 10:46 PM
To: nvda@groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] How to right click using laptop keyboard.

Gene is correct that Shift+F10 generally brings up the context menu for the item with focus.

You may need to use WinKey+B and left arrow until you know that you're on the AVG system tray icon before hitting Shift+F10.

Also, you say you're on a laptop.  You have the very easy option of turning the mousepad on and using the hard mouse buttons.  I have a number of clients who cover the actual pointer manipulation area of the mousepad with a small square of cardboard of the thickness necessary to make it not recognize any touches on their laptop and who then use the native left and right click buttons.

Brian

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.