Re: On Reviving Very Old Topics, AKA Necro-posting #adminnotice

Sarah k Alawami

Yep, I had stuff dating back to 2006 at one point, that is all gone now. That’s about how long I’ve had this gmail btw. I think it’s now from 2017 if I recall. I just save it.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of tim
Sent: Sunday, November 20, 2022 11:16 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] On Reviving Very Old Topics, AKA Necro-posting #adminnotice

You would be surprized how many blind people save there emails.

I know one that has drives filled with email from at least the 25 years I known him.

Even I have some that can go back 20 years or more depending on content.

On 11/20/2022 10:56 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:

On Sun, Nov 20, 2022 at 06:47 AM, Brian's Mail list account wrote:

If you just see it in an email, though, would you know its an old thread and how would you realise to look for it.

-
Brian,

If you see a link in any message on a group such as this one, that's a big hint that you should follow it.  People don't offer links for their health.  Hence the reason I said if someone is reviving an ancient topic, they should give a link to what was already there on the archive.

A new member revived two very old topics last night, and the only way they could have known what was said on either of them was to have reviewed them first in the archive.  But most members are not going to have those topics still in their mail boxes nor are most going to rush out to do an archive search to find the old material.  At least the courtesy of providing a link to it makes it easy if someone wishes to do so.  Hence, my recommendation.