Re: Win10 start menu search box keeps saying "suggestions are available"

Sarah k Alawami

Yep, it is gone for me as well, since yesterday, thank God! I did upvote and comment on the feedback someone left, so thanks for that.

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bob Cavanaugh
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2022 11:14 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Win10 start menu search box keeps saying "suggestions are available"

Well, just as suddenly as this appeared, at least for me, it's gone. I tried a search last night and again today, and did not hear suggestions available, it worked just as it has until the last couple days.

On Fri, Nov 18, 2022 at 02:23 PM, Gene wrote:

Something appears to be changing that the screen-reader sees.
-
And that is what has happened. The visuals have not changed at all.

It would have made a lot more sense if, when nothing was found, a
message such as, "No results found," were given. Even something like,
"Suggestions not available," makes little sense, as it's oblique. In
virtually all cases, unless you've typed something "really exotic"
there will be suggestions available. Notifying someone of this is
like notifying them that water is wet.
--

It used to be understood that if you published and profited from a
mass media platform you should also be responsible for its content.

~ Ross Goldbaum, Letter to the New York Times ,

*Regulating Media* : It’s Now Seen as a Quaint Idea (
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/13/opinion/letters/lgbt-gay-queer.html
?unlocked_article_code=Cl2WWm1HQ_zCiKdsJsYVPe7BCcvGmpAR4XYhXOT65_klpe4
W5ZE5yKLwxjjj5FOKbJvCqJRyAkEe4CyWWBKaPbA8VD56UGKLnRTzuR2OMPQNRAG48gD9L
EWkg70cspvjFJTxkmAQwp0LD5oGQy1QAuaclTYVJQg8lbv0oFv67C5YQe-Xu2OEExFOsgM
n262oX4rGs3e9a0qcNAXXDOGe7yCfqduZpjuGX5SvdUcsdzbvl0ywgXPDNtu7-kLwGhfXM
62S_dC5i4IcdI79tVQADle0d4bV1XR4O75HB-knCzhBZt7-VnT2bDGpjvbNqiaGla9kEdB
PpWoe0jmJE0kF&smid=share-url
) , November 13, 2022