Windows 11 command line/console output acting inconsistently

Jacob Kruger

Hi there

Just got hold of a brand new laptop from my new employer, and, it's an HP Victus, with 16Gb RAM and a 1TB SSD, but, while I had requested windows 10 pro 64 bit, they installed windows 11 home 64 bit on it.

In any case, my primary form of activity with this machine relates to python programming, so I am now trying to figure out what possible configuration changes, add-on installation, etc. I should try out to get the command line/console interaction to work in a similar fashion to how it operates on my other main machine, which is running windows 10 pro 64 bit, but, with effectively a mirror image of the NVDA version and add-ons combination.

Say that since literally exported a portable version of the NVDA installation on the windows 10 machine, and then fired it up on the new machine, and told it to install locally - telling it to maintain configuration in both parts of that process.

Anyway, while now on the new machine, I have tried playing around with UIA settings under NVDA settings|advanced, and, have tried out Tony Malik's console toolkit settings in different states - turning on and off read out changes in real-time, this newer machine, running under windows 11, seems to act inconsistently in the console/command prompt?

As in, every now and then it will read out on-screen changes as they happen/take place, but, then it will just stay silent until I review the screen in either object navigation mode, or screen review mode to see what's happening?

Now, I have various other add-ons installed, and suppose could go through the process of uninstalling them all and then try to figure out if installing any specific one makes a difference, but, this is not an issue on my windows 10 machine, so am guessing it has more to do with the operating system, or something?

Anyway, does anyone have any ideas/suggestions I could try out before I try out stepping through different combinations of add-ons, etc.?

Is there some or other choice in terms of screen resolutions, etc. that could make a difference?

Thanks

Jacob Kruger
Skype: BlindZA