Re: bug: when unchecking the keys not to use as modifiers, they become rechecked upon restarting nvda.

Sarah k Alawami

I don't recall on checking that box. My configuration is saved otherwise. I will have to keep an eye on this as if this is a me error, I will feel very stupid!

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Bob Cavanaugh
Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2022 7:55 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] bug: when unchecking the keys not to use as modifiers, they become rechecked upon restarting nvda.

Is this exclusive to this command, or does this happen regardless of what settings you change? This sounds to me like the box in general settings to save configuration on exit isn't checked.

Can anyone reproduce this?

Bug

When nvda is restarted, the use insert key option becomes rechecked
even after the user unchecks it.

Steps

* Launch nvda

* Go to settings

* Go to keyboard

* Choose laptop (not sure if desktop will work the same

* Uncheck insert under the section where it lists 4 check boxes for
nvda modifiers.

* Hit ok

* Restart nvda

Expected

Nvda should not recheck the box for the keys you unchecked

Actual

The box becomes rechecked upon restarting nvda

Windows 11 22H2 (x64) build 22621.819

Nonvisual Desktop Access (NVDA)

Version: 2022.3.2