Re: problem reading form

Gary Metzler <gmtravel@...>

Thanks for the explanation.  It is very helpful.

From: Travis Siegel
Sent: Saturday, October 29, 2016 1:20 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] problem reading form

Generally, when you see the radio buttons, check boxes, and other items in a form that have no labels, it's because the web page designer put the text to the left or on top of the items in question.  You need to exit forms mode (press the escape key) navigate left/up, and read the text pertaining tothe buttons/boxes, then go back to where you need to be, and press enter on the button/checkbox of choice to reenter forms mode.  Kind of a hassle, but it works (for the most part).

The only time I have troubles is when it's one of those damnable scroll to the bottom to activate button things usually found in agreements/license terms.  I hate those things, and it's always a crap shoot as to whether you'll actually manage to activate said button or not.  A couple days ago, I had a form with two of those damned things, and alhthough I managed to get one to show up, no matter what I did, I couldn't get the other one to activate, so had to give up in disgust and abandon that purchase.  It kind of bites, but what can you do?

On 10/29/2016 4:29 AM, Gary Metzler wrote:
Hi All,

I was filling out a form on a web site I had no problem filling out my personal information.  When it came to answering some questions I couldn’t read the questions.  There were some radio buttons but, I didn’t know what they pretain to.  Is there a work around for this?  I am using the latest nvda and windows.I am using ie 11.  Thanks for any help.Regards, Gary kn4ox