From: Carlos
Sent: Friday, November 04, 2016 7:53 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA "All things for all people!"

Hello All:

As I read all the various wish list post here on the list I wish to
remind all of our users on this list that NVDA is a project maintained
by a handful of developers and not some big software company like the
other screen readers which need not be mentioned at this time.

There are many of you that at times complain about NVDA being too
slow on your older machines. Do you have an understanding that the
bigger NVDA gets filled with all of your requested features the bigger
it will get and the slower it will become!

For a while now it has been mentioned on this list that users
should be able to have access to more than one screen reader. Even if it
is a demo version because some programs will work better with other
screen readers than with NVDA!

And finally, if you want NVDA to work with older Windows Operating
Systems you need to be realistic in your expectations as far as how many
new features can be added to NVDA that can be supported by older Windows
Operating Systems?

In conclusion: Be grateful for what you have with NVDA! And be
more considerate of the Gentlemen who so willingly/lovingly give of
their time to make NVDA possible for all of us to use!!!

--
Carlos Gonzalez - Los Angeles, CA. - gmjc341961@...

--
Lenron Brown