From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jackie
Sent: Tuesday, January 3, 2023 2:31 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA randomly stops speaking

Does Narrator exhibit similar behavior, Jim?

On 1/3/23, Jim Pemberton <pemby@...> wrote:
Hi again. I don’t know if this will shed any light on the problem,
but just to see what would happen, I borrowed another PC in my office,
and did an NVDA remote connection to my problematic laptop, with both
computers in the same room, so that I could hear the sound output from
both at the same time.
I wanted to know if, when the speech was being cut off on my laptop,
it was also being cut off as the remote computer was accessing it.
Sure enough, when the speech stopped or cut off, I could hear that
effect on both my laptop, and on the PC that was remotely controlling
it. Like I say, I don’t know if that means anything, but I thought
I’d point it out just in case. I was able to get speech to work long
enough to go into the sound settings, and make certain that exclusive
mode was indeed unchecked, and that no special enhancements were
turned on. I did try running NVDA on the internal laptop soundcard,
and on an external one that I happened to have with me, and it made no
difference. Also, the synthesizer being used doesn’t seem to matter
either, as both Microsoft speech and Espeak had the problem. Windows
was installed this past Friday on the laptop, and I was prompted to
update to the latest NVDA this morning, which I did, so all should be
up to date there. My next move is to try to check the drivers, if the
speech will stay on long enough.

Be a hero. Fight Scams. Learn how at www.scam911.org
Also check out brightstarsweb.com & mysitesbeenhacked.com
--
Jackie McBride
Be a hero. Fight Scams. Learn how at www.scam911.org
Also check out brightstarsweb.com & mysitesbeenhacked.com