hidden files and folders

Marisane Moruthanyana

Evening guys

I hope you are all well from wherever you are.

I am stuck and confused.

I use nvda as my screen reader.

I copied files and folders from a sd card (8 gb)

I am sure that they are there, because I can play them with vlc or winamp by pressing the application key and choose the application by which I want them to play.

However, when I open the folder in which I expect them  to be located, I cannot find them.

I only find them by searching for them with windows.

What is happening?

Why the folder empty though files / folders are seemingly there?

How to activate the windows explorer for me to see the files / folders the normal way?

Your help is appreciated in advance.

Marisane