From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Carlos
Sent: Friday, 04 November 2016 2:53 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] NVDA "All things for all people!"

Hello All:

As I read all the various wish list post here on the list I wish to remind all of our users on this list that NVDA is a project maintained by a handful of developers and not some big software company like the other screen readers which need not be mentioned at this time.

There are many of you that at times complain about NVDA being too slow on your older machines. Do you have an understanding that the bigger NVDA gets filled with all of your requested features the bigger it will get and the slower it will become!

For a while now it has been mentioned on this list that users should be able to have access to more than one screen reader. Even if it is a demo version because some programs will work better with other screen readers than with NVDA!

And finally, if you want NVDA to work with older Windows Operating Systems you need to be realistic in your expectations as far as how many new features can be added to NVDA that can be supported by older Windows Operating Systems?

In conclusion: Be grateful for what you have with NVDA! And be more considerate of the Gentlemen who so willingly/lovingly give of their time to make NVDA possible for all of us to use!!!

--
Carlos Gonzalez - Los Angeles, CA. - gmjc341961@gmail.com