From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Friday, 04 November 2016 3:14 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA "All things for all people!"

I don't think people should censor themselves in terms of discussing features or criticisms from gratitude.  Where should such gratitude prevail or tone down criticism and where not?  I've done many volunteer presentations over many years on many topics related to blind people using computers and programs.  I most emphatically do not want gratitude to stop legitimate and civil discussion and criticism of my work.  I can't speak for the developers but I will say that for myself, I find the let's be so grateful that we tone down or don't criticize position to be disturbing and counterproductive.  Appreciativeness is one thing.  Gratitude, if taken too far, can be distructive.