Re: very basic configuration

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi

The only other things that comes to mind at the moment is

You might be able to select a paragraph at a time with the mouse as in highlighting it, then use the ctrl key + the letter C to copy it to the clipboard, then use the nvda key +the letter C to read it out.

Only thing is if there is 2 much content it will not read it out. it will say like 2 much content on the clipboard.

Shorter stuff it is ok.

I know you can do it with the mouse to select stuff but have not done it in years.

Out of curiosity is your back ground on say the office program you are using is it like a real white colour? or have you changed it to another colour like cream or like a creamy yellow?

  have you also tried magnification?

Gene nz

On 10/11/2016 11:48 PM, David Dand wrote:
Hello,

I am trying out NVDA. I am not disabled (apart from some dyslexia). I want to use NVDA to read back paragraphs or lines in Libre Office so I can do an audio check as I sometimes read words in the way 'I want to see them'. All the system wide information given as I move my cursor/mouse is driving me crazy. Is there a way I can have a simple configuration that allows me to point and click to read a paragraph/line and hear nothing nothing else?

Thanks in advance for your help