Re: very basic configuration

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Just had a check.

The closest to what he is after is this add on, but is more keyboard based.

it is under development and can be found at http://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/clipContentsDesigner.en.html

Actually i might try out this add on my self there has been times when i want to add more info to the clipboard instead of it been over written each time the other way.

Gene nz

On 11/11/2016 10:06 AM, Travis Siegel wrote:

Apparently, this functionality isn't built into windows anymore.  I know you used to be able to highlight text, then select options, and have it read outloud if you wanted it.  My wife says she uses a browser plugin to make this happen now, so perhaps you could find one for librioffice as well, that does the same thing.  If you can't find anything, let me know, it would be trivial to write a program that would allow you to paste text in and have it read outloud.  (probably about 10 or 20 lines of code using powerbasic).

Hi

You might be able to try the following.

You could always turn mouse tracking off then back on if you need it.

To turn off mouse tracking on a desktop pc use the nvda key + the letter M

You should hear NVDA say if it is on or off. for example mouse tracking on.

this will read what is under the mouse.

you could always change the text resolution as well.

It can be set to character, word, line and paragraph.

these settings can be found under the mouse settings section in NVDA. to quickly get there with a desktop use the nvda key + ctrl key + the letter m

I know there might be some other settings to turn off, but would have to check. These i think for the reporting of menus etc i would have to check.

You could also turn off punctuation etc i guess it depends what you want to do.

I am not aware of a shortcut key to toggle between characters and paragraphs. Maybe this might be able to be done if a ticket is put in.

Gene nz

On 10/11/2016 11:48 PM, David Dand wrote:
Hello,

I am trying out NVDA. I am not disabled (apart from some dyslexia). I want to use NVDA to read back paragraphs or lines in Libre Office so I can do an audio check as I sometimes read words in the way 'I want to see them'. All the system wide information given as I move my cursor/mouse is driving me crazy. Is there a way I can have a simple configuration that allows me to point and click to read a paragraph/line and hear nothing nothing else?

Thanks in advance for your help

Avast logo